What's with the food in PP?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What's with the food in PP?

Post by John Bingham »

I eat anything and everything in moderation and none of it is any big deal. I honestly think some people are just too soft to live here or anywhere on the planet without succumbing to some new age intolerance or allergy or some other faggotry. Just fucking die and stop annoying everyone with your delicate bollocks. Otherwise happy new year.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:52 pm some are systemic and will not wash off- leafy greens cannot be peeled.
Personally i avoid many kinds of veg in KOW.
It is difficult to know what to eat. People will even lie about where it comes from.

Some people have cancer as a result of these chemicals. Some people who think they are OK now, will have cancer in the future.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:15 am
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:52 pm some are systemic and will not wash off- leafy greens cannot be peeled.
Personally i avoid many kinds of veg in KOW.
It is difficult to know what to eat. People will even lie about where it comes from.

Some people have cancer as a result of these chemicals. Some people who think they are OK now, will have cancer in the future.
A whole lot more people don't have worms and other bugs and fungus etc eating all their food because of these chemicals. Cancer is better than starvation.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Thing is, the OP started this thread about food he ate in Phnom Penh, implying that the food sold in the PP markets is worse than elsewhere in Cambodia. Is there any reason why this should be so ?
I would say that, even buying vegetables in the local markets in the provinces, you do not know what chemicals have been used. (And sometimes the farmers don't know either. They just use them.)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Hell, you dont even know where the food comes from.. I said to my GF once how does she know it doesnt come from Vietnam? Her answer: I ask the seller and she no lie to me...

Given the khmers fondness for viets, she would say that wouldn't she? :D
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:47 pm Thing is, the OP started this thread about food he ate in Phnom Penh, implying that the food sold in the PP markets is worse than elsewhere in Cambodia. Is there any reason why this should be so ?
I would say that, even buying vegetables in the local markets in the provinces, you do not know what chemicals have been used. (And sometimes the farmers don't know either. They just use them.)
I should have added at the beginning that my wife and i grow most of our own food and raise our own livestock so we know what they consume and that our vegetables are not sprayed etc. When we do shop at markets we typically buy only rice and cooking oil.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Old post, I know.

Missus came down with the badness, too. Aches and pains, severe headaches for a week. Then came the nausea and vomiting. When to the clinic in the last morning and tested until the afternoon. Doc said there was nothing wrong with her and sent her home.

Continuous vomiting started in the middle of last night. Forced her to wake up her friend to take her to Khema and be admitted.

Now on IV fluids. Surgeon colleague from Malaysia in Cambodia on conference just arrived at the place and sorted stuff out. Sister coming from the village.

Finally diagnosed with Salmonella. Strange presentation. At least she’s a little better now.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

where did she eat ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic