What's with the food in PP?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Re: What's with the food in PP?

Post by markd »

op did you stay in the same hotel on both trips?

could be bedbug killer too. something called chlorpyrifos, i think. dont quote me on the name.
your symptons made me think of it. its toxic to the brain moreso than the stomach & you described brain symptons moreso than stomach symptons.
hotels use it because of complaints from guests about all the iritations from their hotel rooms so they put it under your linen & whilst you sleep you ingest it in every orrifices.
can kill too.
thru shit to more shit
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Joker Poker wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 pm When we lived in PP the Mrs would buy from Psar Kandal meat vendors regularly, never had any big food poisoning episodes, few cases of the runs, but can't recall any worse than that. I've had much worse food poisoning here in Australia, 3 occasions come to mind.
I buy all my pork from P'saa Kandal. Never had a problem with it.
Mind you, I have lived in S.E.Asia for 26 years.
No disrespect to the OP but did you wash the beef with tap water ?
Just asking.....
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

markd wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:37 pm op did you stay in the same hotel on both trips?

could be bedbug killer too. something called chlorpyrifos, i think. dont quote me on the name.
Thanks for that useful information @markd , I have often wondered if my problem could be caused by something like that.
Without wanting to insult my hosts I have a feeling that the poor education level of many Cambodians could mean that they aren't as careful with chemicals as people from wealthier countries...
In 2011 there was a strange case where a N.Z woman died in Chiang Mai, food poisoning was claimed as the cause but her father was not convinced and investigated. There was speculation that it could have been pesticide poisoning and if I.I.R.C something of a cover-up by the Govenor and competent authorities.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/thaila ... 2011050817

Your thoughts @Kuroneko ? Borax doesn't seem to fit with my symptoms so I'm thinking of either a low dose of some poison (or personal sensitivity to a chemical that doesn't bother everybody in low levels- is that possible?), or something viral I'm not used to, or black mould. Did some research on black mould last time I was ill, I guess it's common knowledge that being exposed to all types of mould spores is unhealthy but according to what I read this specific mould is more of a poison than an allergen (if its correct to make that distinction?)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

gf just diagnosed with pesticide residue poisoning
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:57 pm gf just diagnosed with pesticide residue poisoning
Where?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

hospital in sv
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

What's with the food in PP?

Post by Stiliko »

“Study finds high pesticide levels in local food”
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail ... l/30333056
Thailand related but could apply here just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Stiliko on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

hospital in sv told her many ppl sick with pesticide poisoning
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You're all going to die sooner or later. Everyone should know by know that vegetables are caked in toxins so take the goddamn skins off or wash them. What's with the softies in PP?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

some are systemic and will not wash off- leafy greens cannot be peeled.
Personally i avoid many kinds of veg in KOW.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic