Miss Cambodia Will Join the Army

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Miss Cambodia Will Join the Army

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia’s Queen: Rern Nat and her Miss Universe journey
28 December 2018

Rern Sinat may have failed to bring home the Miss Universe crown weeks ago, but the 22-year-old model and radio personality received tremendous support and love from people around the world after she got involved in an issue with some of the contestants. Say Tola talks with the beauty queen.

YT: How did it feel to represent Cambodia in the Miss Universe pageant?

Rern: I’ve dreamed to become Miss Universe since I was young. When I was given the chance to fulfill that dream, I felt tremendously happy. It was an honour for me to represent the women of Cambodia in the international stage.

And it was not an easy task to bring the name of Cambodia. I had to undergo several trainings on how to walk, how to wear make-up, how to dress and how to act like a beauty queen. I needed to behave properly because I carried not only myself, but the whole nation.

YT: Did the language differences really matter during the pageant?

Rern: At first, I thought my ability to communicate in English was okay. But when I arrived in Bangkok, I suddenly felt uneasy when talking with other contestants. I had my translators, but they were not always with me. There were also other contestants who couldn’t speak English, but they know Spanish so they were still able to talk with others. But for me, nobody else spoke Khmer.

From that experience, I really encourage the next representative of Cambodia to Miss Universe to practice communicating in English so she can express herself well and connect with the other contestants.

YT: What are your next plans?

Rern: I will take the entrance exam to become a soldier. It’s really my dream, second to being a beauty queen. I want to do something for my nation. And I feel really proud seeing women who work in the army. It’s also my way of showing the world that Cambodian women are strong. I want to be a role model for other women who want to challenge themselves in fields that are considerably uncommon for them.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50563671/c ... e-journey/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Miss Cambodia Will Join the Army

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Best way to get rich.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

It would have cost to get in.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Am I the only one who thinks she's not especially hot? She looks ok but plenty of much prettier/cuter girls all over the place.

peasant girl out of her depths
rasputin
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by rasputin »

C'mon logos, admit it. You'd hit that! LOL

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

davegorman wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:12 pm It would have cost to get in.
You have heard of credit / deferred payment. Buy now , pay later.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

She wants to be a soldier in the army.. Which one? :Search:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:43 pm She wants to be a soldier in the army.. Which one? :Search:
The RCAF is the only army there is.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I wonder what rank she will be buying.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

IraHayes wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:37 pm I wonder what rank she will be buying.

As a Miss Cambodia contestant, she already has stars in her eyes, look deep into them and you can count them.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic