A Thai Xmas gift

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

A Thai Xmas gift

Post by phuketrichard »

Go THailand!!! :thumb: :thumb:
Thailand approved marijuana for medical use and research on Tuesday, the first legalization of the drug in a region with some of the world’s strictest drug laws.
“This is a New Year’s gift from the National Legislative Assembly to the government and the Thai people,” said Somchai Sawangkarn, chairman of the drafting committee, in a televised parliamentary session.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/25/thailan ... CyMAHLkwYU

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: A Thai Xmas gift

Post by bittermelon »

I remember in a bar i was at there was a really old black and white picture of a Thai guy smoking a pipe. The Thai girl i asked said it was the previous king(to Bhumibol) and that he was smoking ganja (or at least was known to smoke it). She seemed to know what she was talking about and was quite a conservative sort so i was inclined to believe her. And i guess that was pre "war-on-drugs" days so wasn't really a thing. Likely?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thailand approves medicinal cannabis
25 December 2018
Thailand's parliament has voted to approve cannabis for medical use, with a key lawmaker calling it a "New Year's gift" to the Thai people.

Recreational use will remain illegal.

Marijuana was used in Thailand as a traditional medicine, until it was banned in the 1930s.

South East Asia has some of the world's toughest penalties for drug usage or possession, and Thailand is the first in the region to allow medicinal marijuana.

Thailand's junta-appointed parliament voted to amend the Narcotic Act of 1979 on Tuesday.

It happened after an extra parliamentary session was arranged to push bills through before the New Year's holidays, according to Reuters news agency.

The amendment will become law when it is published in the government gazette, The Bangkok Post reported.

"This is a New Year's gift from the National Legislative Assembly to the government and the Thai people," said Somchai Sawangkarn, chairman of the drafting committee, during the televised session.
What will be allowed?

Consumers will be able to carry specified amounts necessary for medicinal purposes, if they have a prescription or recognised certificate, the Bangkok Post said.

Licences for production and sale of the product will be strictly controlled.

The paper said the law also applies to kratom, a South East Asian plant that acts as a stimulant.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46679098
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

and than this one as well;
Thailand is indeed moving forward!!
BANGKOK — Legal recognition of civil unions moved forward Tuesday with the interim cabinet’s approval.

At its final meeting of 2018, the cabinet signed off on a draft civil partnership bill which would make Thailand the first country in all of Asia, to afford status and legal protections to same-sex couples.

The cabinet endorsed the bill on the same day the interim assembly unanimously passed a law to legalize medical use of marijuana and recreational use of kratom.
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/ ... gislature/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Good news and Bad news

WTF!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

:please:
What are u ?
anti medical grass
or
anti gay marriages
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

The law authorises the committee to approve the production, import, export and possession of cannabis and kratom as well as related regulations.

It permits the use of cannabis and kratom for government and medical benefits, the treatment of patients, research and development, agriculture, commerce, science and industry.

Consumers will be able to carry specified amounts necessary for treatment of illness if they have prescriptions or certificates from professionals in medicine, dentistry, Thai traditional and alternative medicine or indigenous medicine.

Possession will be subject to conditions approved by the narcotics control committee.

Licences for the production, import, export, sale and possession of cannabis and kratom will be for government organisations tasked with medical and agricultural research and education and narcotics suppression, the Thai Red Cross Society, Thai traditional and indigenous medical professions, medical universities, registered community-based farmers' organisations, international transport operators, international travelling patients who need to carry narcotics and those approved by the public health minister.

The licences can be transferred to heirs or specified recipients if the licensees die before their licences expire.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/medical-c ... faRXxx3.97
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

NEW YEARS GIFT from Thai Military Goverment!! Marijuana!!!

Post by console »

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Medial marijuana NOW LEGAL in Thailand!!????

NEW YEARS from Thai Military Government!! THAI BUDDHA STICKS!!!!!!!

(I know i went click bait on you all but tihs is still amazing news !!)

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/me ... n-thailand

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/worl ... LS_wxv33rg

I am still speechless, but i feel all tingling inside!!
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: NEW YEARS GIFT from Thai Military Goverment!! Marijuana!!!

Post by console »

IT wont let me delete my own post... sorry mod...
Ya you might want to remove this post sorry it is a double up , my bad :(

I just found: topic25526.html
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

I feel all tingly inside....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic