Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 pm I don't like the undertones of Cam Nivag and a couple of others that drift across from TOF as they leave a pall unpleasantness or nastiness that seems to permeate through the board. As I see it, allowing these guys to continue with their K440-esque behavior deriding or attacking mods and members does nothing to protect or further encourage what is generally a pretty friendly online community.

You might as well permaban them now, I say, removing their inevitable repeat behavior and the risk of them dissuading others from joining or participating.
Different styles for different forums. Some of the posters from TOF don't adapt to CEO. But they are a minority, apparently still looking to stir up strife. Lots of other members show that you can be on both forums without drama.
If CEO members went to stir trouble OTOF I expect they would be sent on their way.
My 2c.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Post by willyhilly »

These forums always seem to deteriorate over time. I like gavin mac as a person and he can be very amusing as a writer. No else has come close to the belly laughs he provided with his seven reasons stuff and the Khmer reaction to the piss take.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:10 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 pm I don't like the undertones of Cam Nivag and a couple of others that drift across from TOF as they leave a pall unpleasantness or nastiness that seems to permeate through the board. As I see it, allowing these guys to continue with their K440-esque behavior deriding or attacking mods and members does nothing to protect or further encourage what is generally a pretty friendly online community.

You might as well permaban them now, I say, removing their inevitable repeat behavior and the risk of them dissuading others from joining or participating.
Different styles for different forums. Some of the posters from TOF don't adapt to CEO. But they are a minority, apparently still looking to stir up strife. Lots of other members show that you can be on both forums without drama.
If CEO members went to stir trouble OTOF I expect they would be sent on their way.
My 2c.
not to mention the cabal would run you off with ur tail between ur legs
their a tough bunch there and dont care for outsiders AT ALL

My thoughts,

"kill em all and let god sort them out"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

The odd disagreement is fine, debate is fine, disliking a person is fine.

There is an ignore button, it's there for a reason.

Personally I just scroll past the walls of text when it's a battle of who is more right then the other on the internet. It's fucking mundane. :clap:
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

The number of people who feel the same way about that place is clear by the numbers over there. Of course things can change, as we all know, but 440 is all but dead in the eyes of all, so it's good to see them hardly mentioned here/anywhere these days. Even the new owner (no, not the other shareholders who I all consider good friends over the years, through good times and bad) is a total loser. I've even done my best to be friends with him as well, but he's just a dickhead. Oh, and he's the definition of a bold faced liar, which I would never say if I didn't have just blatant proof of him being a liar who's just plain untrustworthy. Haha, even after everyone has made it pretty clear that people DO NOT approve of admin of forums having sockpuppets, he still goes around using his 'fathertime' sock puppet over there to make it look like they have one more happy member over there. Again, it's been a while since I've come across someone who would just lie so blatantly to my face like him, so it's hard to wish him any success with his forum for his few remaining members who still try to support the place.

And for real, we are trying to make CEO like you guys want it, and I really appreciate the PMs recently that we need to kick around behind the scenes, as I know people want this community to succeed, and we are on track to making 2019 a killer year, with more to come, and we'll all have to realize that heated debates are fine and dandy, but we really need to make sure we get rid of the bickering and negativity, as it's just not needed. I am sure we will get this all sorted, and our team is dedicated to making sure it happens.

I've been a bit backed up with PM replies again, but hey, it's been holiday season with family and friends in Cambodia/Thailand, and still haven't gotten to meet up with all my buddies.

So for real, 440 has dug their own grave, let's not do that here. If you still like that place, good for you and I have no issue with that, but we DO NOT need anyone who wants to bring that crap from over there here, where most of us either don't give any fucks about how they run things over there, or happily participate in both forums without needing to stir shit up.

Ok, ok, letter stop talking about TOF. Maybe some week bans were a bit harsh, but hearts were in the right place when they were done (I hope) and we'll talk about it behind the scenes tomorrow.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

There are plenty of posts on this forum complaining about [Mod Edit: Call them Chinese, we have been working hard to turn this around, too], decrying the invasion of Chinese in Cambodia, saying that Africans are up to no good, calling white women cunts, ranting about NGOs, etc.

It’s only when someone comments on penniless alcoholic white men in Cambodia that a mod then says “Whoa, we can’t have this kind of negativity here, this is a safe space, not like the other forum.”

davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

So are we allowed to call Mexicans “mexicans” now? FLB said it was good.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

i hope 2019 will be a year with less outrage about everything and that the snowflakes get a life.

Amicably,

Hanno the Kraut aka the Hun aka Jerry aka Boche aka Fritz.
Locked Previous topicNext topic