Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Post by davegorman »

hanno wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:46 pm I am confused? I do not see posts here by Gavinmac?
onnaH, are you serious?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Post by hanno »

davegorman wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:02 pm
hanno wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:46 pm I am confused? I do not see posts here by Gavinmac?
onnaH, are you serious?
I have never really followed who posts under which handle on the different forums.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

spell Cam Nivag backwards ..
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Germans are smart in a different way.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

hanno wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:04 pm
davegorman wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:02 pm
onnaH, are you serious?
I have never really followed who posts under which handle on the different forums.
:facepalm:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

LaudJohn wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:10 pm
spell Cam Nivag backwards ..
OK, time for more mulled wine.... :facepalm: :beer3:
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:07 pm A disproportionate number of Pizzalover's posts seem to be angry personal attacks against the current K440 owner, the prior Khmer440 owner, and the dead Khmer440 owner before them.
Nope, your math is bad. Check again. Unlike you, I provide info on travel and other items, if I can. When it comes to help people, I m trying to be constructive. I also look up things and try to be clear about the source of my info, if it is my own experiences and the limitations.

Your remark is also off focus. I would never class the underling in the same category as his past patrons. I m not angry at a person I dont know and dont wish to know. I m upset at the use of the forum to promote a certain kind of exclusivist mindset, denigrating others. The combination of ageism and hate for less affluent people is a specially toxic combination that, imho, needs to be stopped. In sum, I give a f.... about the person, I am concerned about what your behavior stands for.

You might like to re-think your online existence and reform yourself.

Just saw tonite a number of cheap beer drinkers in PP. They were sitting at tables, Cambodians at the others. People were happy and enjoying themselves. It is good that this is still possible in Cambodia.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Pizzalover wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:07 pm Your remark is also off focus. I would never class the underling in the same category as his past patrons. I m not angry at a person I dont know and dont wish to know.

OK, sorry I thought you were angry at K440 admins. I didn't realize you were just being constructive.
Pizzalover wrote:Kir was a piece of shit
Pizzalover wrote:It was for good reason that the new swine at the top, Scobienz, went to extra-ordinary measures to create traffic. He even admitted to it here on CEO. I really would love to meet that character, just once.
Pizzalover wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:24 pm
To be fair, he is a spectacular upgrade from that scumbag scobienz. If anyone has a chance to stick a pineapple up that shithead's arse, let me know, I ll pay for a second one.
You seem to have no problem with CEO posters starting threads about, and commenting on, homeless drunken overstaying expats. You only have a problem with it when someone you view as a Khmer440 poster does it. Then you are suddenly "triggered," so to speak.
Pizzalover wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:07 pm The combination of ageism and hate for less affluent people is a specially toxic combination that, imho, needs to be stopped.
Stopped? You think CEO should ban "toxic" comments about drunken and homeless expats running amok in Cambodia, so that you, the Enlightened One Who Welcomes All People, can fill the forum with more endless whining about the Chinese "invading" Cambodia?
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

So how bout those 50 cent beers ay guys
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:17 am It sounds like there's some tension between the young dreadlocks-wearing types who have lived in Kampot for 3+ years and the recent refugees from Sihanoukville.

I like the use of the term "Snookyville care," suggesting that the places selling 50 cent beers are now akin to nursing homes for the decrepit.

Actually the premise of the FB post isnt really correct.
Most people that go to a Kampot 50c beer restaurant for a meal dont usually spend av $8.
More like around $3-4 for the meal and maybe $1 on water or a coupla beers.
Outside of meal times its probably only 50c beer drinkers there. Over the course of the day all those small 15c/glass profits add up.
In Kampot, you're more likely to find an av $8 spend per customer in places that charge more than 50c for a beer, imo.
Its also not true that the 50c beer brigade dont order food. A percentage of them do.
Locked Previous topicNext topic