Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
RatanakBat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Post by RatanakBat »

On the main road into kep. I believe it's called fitness retreat kep.
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Are 50 cent beer drinking "Sihanoukville guys" driving Kampot restaurants broke?

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:37 pm Doesnt draft cost the bar around $0.25 a glass?
Cambodian beer kegs (20L) are $20 last time I checked. So 20000 ml/330ml (glass) = 60 draft beers per keg.

$20/60 = $0.33 cost per beer, probably closer to $0.35 with spillage.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Khmer_Risotto wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:19 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:37 pm Doesnt draft cost the bar around $0.25 a glass?
Cambodian beer kegs (20L) are $20 last time I checked. So 20000 ml/330ml (glass) = 60 draft beers per keg.

$20/60 = $0.33 cost per beer, probably closer to $0.35 with spillage.
Watching some of the Khmer staff work, spillage is a lot more than 2 Cents.
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

True, I guess I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:16 pm
RatanakBat wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:46 am
Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 am The most surprising thing I learned from this story is that Kampot has a gym.
There's a great gym in kep. Run by a French bloke.
Which one? I hear there's a new one but unless I missed the reply I haven't heard back. What's the name, location and damage?
That’s Fitness Resort Kep, and in keeping with this thread, originally based in SIhanoukville!

Pierre is the owner.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

This is - at least - the third time in 10 days that Mr. Gavinmac played his condescending but unspecific tunes about poor expats daring to be in Cambodia. Apparently, he has a problem with people who have more less than he does. The stigmatizing and at the same time turning of CEO into his personal stage (urinal would be more appropriate) is sickening. Would be nice if he had some factual info that people could actually use in their daily routine or the like. But that would be too much to expect from an old K440 leftover looking in need of a functioning mud hole. Seems there is not enough feedback on TOF to satisfy his needs.

I know this is a personal attacks but no apologies. Perhaps someone can move this BS to the asinine area and even create an own sub-forum there for the exclusive use of that character.

I m sick reading of obscure bottomfeeders, out-of-luck expats with medical and psychological problems that are paraded for the entertainment of the self-perceived small town elders.

Can only wonder where that hate and resentment comes from. If some old guys have not much more left than their 50 cents beer then that's very sad. It should not function as a an old edition of Penthouse for a public wanker.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I am confused? I do not see posts here by Gavinmac?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:28 pm This is - at least - the third time in 10 days that Mr. Gavinmac played his condescending but unspecific tunes about poor expats daring to be in Cambodia. Apparently, he has a problem with people who have more less than he does. The stigmatizing and at the same time turning of CEO into his personal stage (urinal would be more appropriate) is sickening.
Wait, you've never complained at all about the near daily (and entertaining) threads here showcasing homeless, foot-infected foreigners, but if I start a thread about Kampot bickering over 50 cent beer restaurant seating then I'm a condescending prick turning CEO into my personal urinal?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Cam Nivag wrote:
Pizzalover wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:28 pm This is - at least - the third time in 10 days that Mr. Gavinmac played his condescending but unspecific tunes about poor expats daring to be in Cambodia. Apparently, he has a problem with people who have more less than he does. The stigmatizing and at the same time turning of CEO into his personal stage (urinal would be more appropriate) is sickening.
Wait, you've never complained at all about the near daily (and entertaining) threads here showcasing homeless, foot-infected foreigners, but if I start a thread about Kampot bickering over 50 cent beer restaurant seating then I'm a condescending prick turning CEO into my personal urinal?
Kampot is special!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

A disproportionate number of Pizzalover's posts seem to be angry personal attacks against the current K440 owner, the prior Khmer440 owner, and the dead Khmer440 owner before them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic