7 Reasons Not to Move to Thailand

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 7 Reasons Not to Move to Thailand

Post by John Bingham »

Sometimes Explorer comes across as a bit patronizing to me but I think he's a valuable poster who does a lot to contribute. I might come across as a snarky bastard sometimes but I try to balance that out by giving good information and advice. What I do find annoying though is people who join up and just ask a few questions or make some inane comments and think anyone should owe them some respect. I'm sure you are all diamond geezers in real life and have a huge amount of experience around the world to draw on, that's what makes these forums great. At the same time if you don't contribute much (or haven't yet) why would you expect anyone to change the way the forum is run just for you?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

It's Xmas and hats off to John Bingham.

The ghosts of Xmas must have visited you as for the last few weeks, you have been positively on form and very entertaining in a friendly way.

Long may this new version continue. :hattip: :hattip:
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by Rogue »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 pm Image

So, anyone got any more "Reasons Not to Move to Thailand"?
Yeah! There are lots of reasons not to move to Thailand, and lots of reasons not to contribute to this forum.

I agree with the comments about the cabal and baiting people.

Before under a different username, Vlad went on the attack and I decided I didn't need this toxicity in my life so I stopped posting. I read from time to time, but no posts.

When it seemed the narcissistic one was banned, I came back. Since coming back I was downvoted by JB for no reason other than he is a prick. I found davegorman's writing style to mirror that of Vlad and he went on the attack. I had words put in my mouth by prahocalypse now, insinuating I am a racist. He attacked me before on my other profile.

I sat back and thought about it and realized this place is a toxic as a bar between 19th and 13th and I don't need this in my life. Therefore, I won't be back. Fuck you people!
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

Haha LOL, thank's for the post OP - I could never understand how inefficient South Asians are and whatever works well I suspect the Chinese are behind it? Chinese IQs 110+, S Asians IQs 80-90!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

explorer wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:47 pm When you spend a lot of time with Cambodian people, you get to understand what really goes on. I am amazed how little some people understand. Some of the more extreme things I dont even discuss, as some people dont believe the trivial things. But then I get attacked for saying things like this. They think I am trying to act better than them. Anybody can go and spend time with the people and go through this learning experience.

If you are good to Cambodian people, you can form some genuine friendships, people who will value you for the rest of their lives.
Explorer, if you make claims like these, I feel like you have to back these claims up with the content of your posts.

Maybe you have a load of experience in Cambodia, and with Khmer culture, and you're fluent in Khmer, you've raised a kid in Cambodia and you have worked in several sectors gaining heaps of experience. Or maybe you've just been around for a few months and you've got the feeling you can see through all the layers of Khmer culture, just like I did at that time (how wrong I was....). I don't know.

But most of your stories do indeed come across like stories from the barstool / coffee shop. Takeoman is right about that in my opinion. And that's where the resistance comes from I think, at least that's where the resistance comes from with me.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:15 am Haha LOL, thank's for the post OP - I could never understand how inefficient South Asians are and whatever works well I suspect the Chinese are behind it? Chinese IQs 110+, S Asians IQs 80-90!
Did you see the same video I did?

Where there any Chinese in it?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Rogue wrote:
Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 pm Image

So, anyone got any more "Reasons Not to Move to Thailand"?
Yeah! There are lots of reasons not to move to Thailand, and lots of reasons not to contribute to this forum.

I agree with the comments about the cabal and baiting people.

Before under a different username, Vlad went on the attack and I decided I didn't need this toxicity in my life so I stopped posting. I read from time to time, but no posts.

When it seemed the narcissistic one was banned, I came back. Since coming back I was downvoted by JB for no reason other than he is a prick. I found davegorman's writing style to mirror that of Vlad and he went on the attack. I had words put in my mouth by prahocalypse now, insinuating I am a racist. He attacked me before on my other profile.

I sat back and thought about it and realized this place is a toxic as a bar between 19th and 13th and I don't need this in my life. Therefore, I won't be back. Fuck you people!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:19 am Explorer, if you make claims like these, I feel like you have to back these claims up with the content of your posts.

Maybe you have a load of experience in Cambodia, and with Khmer culture, and you're fluent in Khmer, you've raised a kid in Cambodia and you have worked in several sectors gaining heaps of experience. Or maybe you've just been around for a few months and you've got the feeling you can see through all the layers of Khmer culture, just like I did at that time (how wrong I was....). I don't know.

But most of your stories do indeed come across like stories from the barstool / coffee shop.
Imagine I met you in real life. Imagine you told me about some personal experience, where you had done something stupid, or something bad had happened to you. Imagine I then came on this or another forum, and told everybody about what you did, and in the process identified you. How would that be.

When I talk about things that happened to people, I dont identify them. I dont even include details of what happened which would identify people. I just share these experiences so people can be aware of the type of things that happen.

If somebody is named in the media. Because they have already been identified publicly, then it is OK to include those details.

I was in Cambodia long before you. I spoke the Cambodian language long before you. I spent time with Cambodian people long before you.

Now the people concerned about their own self importance will say, so you think that makes you superior, and the game will continue. So I wont go into details.

I believe everybody should be entitled to express their opinion. Even recent arrivals.

If you have been in Cambodia a reasonable amount of time, speak the language, and have spent time with the people, you learn the type of things which go on. You will know that the type of things I talk about do occur. If you dont, you can learn. Thats what forums are for.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:19 am

Explorer, if you make claims like these, I feel like you have to back these claims up with the content of your posts.

But most of your stories do indeed come across like stories from the barstool / coffee shop. Takeoman is right about that in my opinion. And that's where the resistance comes from I think, at least that's where the resistance comes from with me.
Dogs barking and yapping or is it the cabal?

An early Merry Xmas to you all, dogs and cabal included. :santassack: :santassack: :santassack:
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

explorer wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:37 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:19 am Explorer, if you make claims like these, I feel like you have to back these claims up with the content of your posts.

But most of your stories do indeed come across like stories from the barstool / coffee shop.
Imagine I met you in real life. Imagine you told me about some personal experience, where you had done something stupid, or something bad had happened to you. Imagine I then came on this or another forum, and told everybody about what you did, and in the process identified you. How would that be.

When I talk about things that happened to people, I dont identify them. I dont even include details of what happened which would identify people. I just share these experiences so people can be aware of the type of things that happen.

If somebody is named in the media. Because they have already been identified publicly, then it is OK to include those details.

I was in Cambodia long before you. I spoke the Cambodian language long before you. I spent time with Cambodian people long before you.

Now the people concerned about their own self importance will say, so you think that makes you superior, and the game will continue. So I wont go into details.

I believe everybody should be entitled to express their opinion. Even recent arrivals.

If you have been in Cambodia a reasonable amount of time, speak the language, and have spent time with the people, you learn the type of things which go on. You will know that the type of things I talk about do occur. If you dont, you can learn. Thats what forums are for.
I think you confused my post with the post of somebody else. Or did you scan instead of read my post?

You claim to have been in Cambodia long before me, spoke Khmer long before me, spent time with Cambodians long before me. OK, you make a lot of claims. And maybe they're true, I don't know.

But some of the things you debit here are simply not true. You claim having loads of experience, hence my quote, but your stories are so superficial and full of rooky-mistakes it simply doesn't match a massive experience in this country, at least for me. That's all.

Since a few post you have decided to climb on your high horse, look down, and tell us all we don't understand what's going on.
I am amazed how little some people understand. Some of the more extreme things I dont even discuss, as some people dont believe the trivial things. But then I get attacked for saying things like this.
you learn the type of things which go on. You will know that the type of things I talk about do occur.
If you make those claims, please provide the people on this forum with some real insights in Cambodian society, more than 'I recommend find a uni girl' and 'never give the girl money'.
Locked Previous topicNext topic