7 Reasons Not to Move to Thailand

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: 7 Reasons Not to Move to Thailand

Post by takeoman »

As some of you seem to find my comments hurtful I extend this offer to one and all. If my style or attitude offend you please PM me to inform me that your putting me on ignore, I'll reciprocate and our paths need never cross again. To those who don't avail themselves of this offer all I can say is don't expect me to change at my age.However the good news for all is that, in all probability I will soon get bored and as in 2016 take a year plus break from CEO, leaving the CABAL and the OPPOSITION to slug it out. :hattip:

Last edited by takeoman on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:11 pm
This is a forum. Everyone is entitled to a point of view or to post articles.
Yep, including Takeoman. And guess what, you're allowed to disagree with his opinion, as you obviously do, seeing that you and TOG gave him negative karma for saying what he thinks. I'm sure he'll get over that.
I thought he made some good points. I also agreed with some of the points raised by AB and TOF. But please forget the conspiracy theories. Honestly, there's no "cabal" here. Some posters disagree with your opinions and it works both ways. They are allowed to disagree with you and you don't have to like it, but it's hardly a conspiracy. :hattip: (Cabal hat-tip :D )
Which is why I put the word cabal in quote marks, It's fictional. (or is it?)

Read back through takeomans posts, he is very abrasive and enjoys attacking other members. Not exactly a point of view, more a way of posting for enjoyment.

The point that is being missed in the number of new members who post, get attacked and never post again. I read what TOG wrote and had a look at the statistics. Over 8,000 members but only just over 1,000 have posted more than 5 posts. I looked back and can see that one member was attacked for posting compliments about Phnom Penh, he simply went away and never came back. Amazing.

Me, I could not care less what anyone says about me. Most of those who enjoy baiting would never have the guts to say it to your face but like to hide behind the keyboard in their run down dingy apartment. Post on.
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Oh well, jumping in again.

Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion...an opinion. The problem is that there are a few who do not offer an opinion, they just bait other members and claim they are expressing their opinion. It's a bit like a pack of dogs. One starts and the rest stand behind barking and yapping. (looks at thread and realises that explorer, AB101 and TOG could be considered a pack.....oh well).

Where it goes wrong is that opinions are just that, opinions. Attacking individually named members and claiming you are just expressing an opinion is not, it is baiting.

Regarding negative marks, I have been picked up on this many times and told not to be sensitive, they mean nothing. That is nothing until the individual receives them and takes offense. Now I could not give a toss about negative marks but it seems that others still do.

Bottom line. Does it matter if explorer is passing on unconfirmed information. Does it matter that his point of view is 180 degrees opossed to others, Of course not. Every day, CEO is filled with "news" most of it unconfirmed but I do not see anyone having a go at CEO or prahocalypse now, I wonder why?

Come on guys, back off and let others post whatever they want as long as they are not attacking or baiting you.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

takeoman wrote:
I am not sure how you constitute my reply as taking offense. If explorer is so upset by my posts I can only suggest he puts me on ignore, if he PMs me that he is doing this I will do the same as regards him, and our paths need never cross. Perhaps you might avail yourself of the same offer, as you find my "abrasive style'' rather too much.

There it is, the solution to your whole problem.

You do not like what explorer writes, so put him on ignore. At the same time you can put on ignore everyone else you disagree with. Problem solved. No need for reciprocal agreements by PM, it only needs you to do it. Explorer is not complaining about your posts, just you against his.

No need for anyone else to get involved, the solution in is your own hands.......
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

So, anyone got any more "Reasons Not to Move to Thailand"?
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 pm Image

Now that's a classic....Do you know who he is?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

AB101 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:12 pm
Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 pm Image

Now that's a classic....Do you know who he is?
Not a clue.

Is he a reason not to go to Thailand?
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:14 pm Not a clue.

Is he a reason not to go to Thailand?
He is if you have to feed him or sit next to him. Reminds me of the Beast from the East (sadly departed).

takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

AB101 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:58 pm takeoman wrote:
I am not sure how you constitute my reply as taking offense. If explorer is so upset by my posts I can only suggest he puts me on ignore, if he PMs me that he is doing this I will do the same as regards him, and our paths need never cross. Perhaps you might avail yourself of the same offer, as you find my "abrasive style'' rather too much.

There it is, the solution to your whole problem.

You do not like what explorer writes, so put him on ignore. At the same time you can put on ignore everyone else you disagree with. Problem solved. No need for reciprocal agreements by PM, it only needs you to do it. Explorer is not complaining about your posts, just you against his.

No need for anyone else to get involved, the solution in is your own hands.......
I disagree with some of what he writes, and exercise my right to say so. Strangely he seems rather more laid back about the situation than you. My offer stands if he is that deeply offended he'll take it. Now perhaps you could leave it to him to make his decision.
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

takeoman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:20 pm I am not sure how you constitute my reply as taking offense. If explorer is so upset by my posts I can only suggest he puts me on ignore, if he PMs me that he is doing this I will do the same as regards him, and our paths need never cross. Perhaps you might avail yourself of the same offer, as you find my "abrasive style'' rather too much.
AB101 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:58 pm There it is, the solution to your whole problem.

I disagree with some of what he writes, and exercise my right to say so. Strangely he seems rather more laid back about the situation than you. My offer stands if he is that deeply offended he'll take it. Now perhaps you could leave it to him to make his decision.
takeoman: I would like to take you up on your offer. I would appreciate it if you put me on ignore, and didnt comment on my posts.

This is not an attempt to be hurtful to you. You have been attacking me. This is a solution.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Locked Previous topicNext topic