Whats everyone up to on Xmas Day.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Whats everyone up to on Xmas Day.

Post by cptrelentless »

Sidewalker wrote:
Duncan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 am It's truly amazing how many non-Christians show how religious they are by celebrating Christmas by having a big Christmas dinner .
That's a tradition before Christianity came to western Europe, the pagans celebrate around December 21
that daylight became longer. They celebrate with a lot eating and drinking and that tradition became
embedded in Xmas. With Eastern it was the same, the pagans celebrate that spring arrived and they had some rituals like eating a lot of eggs (fertility symbol) and big bonfires. I grow up with that, and they
still do it in the north-eastern and eastern part of my home country. :beer3:
The jolly fat guy who lives in the snow is Odin

Sent from my LG-X240 using Tapatalk

TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Visiting two mates at an un named airport who have been gifted Xmas and New Year duty away from their families thanks to the Crawley 2 drone operators.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

TOG wrote:Visiting two mates at an un named airport who have been gifted Xmas and New Year duty away from their families thanks to the Crawley 2 drone operators.
They've caught the cunts, thankfully. Hanging's too good for them

Sent from my LG-X240 using Tapatalk

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Christmas Eve - feel free to join us for Bloody Mary oyster shots at Oscar’s on the corner (Downstairs bar), after dinner, 9pm ish.

We are going to Digby’s for dinner on Tuesday - I invited all my friends who will be on their own.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

JUDGEDREDD wrote::cry: Not sure, need to make some new friends as all the group's I've been getting along with have flown home for Christmas, so ronery :cry:
Would you like to join our crowd for dinner? You’re more than welcome.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

davegorman wrote:I’m having Christmas with John Bringham, Beerinthemorning, StroppyChops, Jamie and Roz’ at her balcony.
Gosh that does sound lovely!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:47 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote::cry: Not sure, need to make some new friends as all the group's I've been getting along with have flown home for Christmas, so ronery :cry:
Would you like to join our crowd for dinner? You’re more than welcome.
I'm in Kampot and might go with the staff at this hostel on a boat journey, thank you for extending your invite though!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:46 pm Christmas Eve - feel free to join us for Bloody Mary oyster shots at Oscar’s on the corner (Downstairs bar), after dinner, 9pm ish.

We are going to Digby’s for dinner on Tuesday - I invited all my friends who will be on their own.

Drat! That looks appealing.
While I’m not a massive fan about Christmas, I did enjoy a decent meal and chatter. For the last few years bar one, I have been working Christmas. I think I need to be a bit more sociable in PP. After this year’s fiasco, I think I’ll leave it up to the new starters to work future Christmas schedules, and hide out among the ‘normal’ people.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Feel free to join us Freightdog, 7pm Tuesday.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

If only I could. I’m back in Europe until late January, then get back for 3 weeks. It’s the longest stint back here since May, and time is going so slowly. Having expected to be hiding away in a hotel at the company’s expense, I’ve found myself free for Christmas, and have spent a week trying to find somewhere to go. Back to work on Boxing Day, and hoping all the Gatwick fiasco is over.
(Wonders how many chavs will get drones as chrimbo presents)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic