Whats everyone up to on Xmas Day.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Whats everyone up to on Xmas Day.

Post by Sidewalker »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 pm :beer3: Its a pity people do not enjoy Xmas Day,was always bred into me at least once a year The Family get together.Had some Great Christmas Days and some bad one,s.Once got run over by a Police Car but thats another story :bow:
Not every one like to celebrate Xmas, it's there own choice, accept that and you don't have to feel pity. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Just wrapping up my Christmas holiday with missus. My first time to Thailand. It’s my Christmas present to me. Working on Christmas Day.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Just did the big Amazon shop, that's Xmas sorted. Now to sit in a bar with other lonely souls and complain about which Christmas song is the worst. Might treat myself to an expensive meal and buy the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, the shop in kampot has 30 copies, I think I can talk then down from $3 to $2 and get myself 2 happy hour beers.

It's gonna be a good one!

Might head back to KRS instead though and meet up with a friend.

Still, it'll beat the one I spent in England eating fish finger sandwiches alone without any heating and about £2 on the leccy meter. Didn't even have a tree
(Small violin)
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

It's truly amazing how many non-Christians show how religious they are by celebrating Christmas by having a big Christmas dinner .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Duncan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 am It's truly amazing how many non-Christians show how religious they are by celebrating Christmas by having a big Christmas dinner .
That's a tradition before Christianity came to western Europe, the pagans celebrate around December 21
that daylight became longer. They celebrate with a lot eating and drinking and that tradition became
embedded in Xmas. With Eastern it was the same, the pagans celebrate that spring arrived and they had some rituals like eating a lot of eggs (fertility symbol) and big bonfires. I grow up with that, and they
still do it in the north-eastern and eastern part of my home country. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Sidewalker wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:34 am
Duncan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 am It's truly amazing how many non-Christians show how religious they are by celebrating Christmas by having a big Christmas dinner .
That's a tradition before Christianity came to western Europe, the pagans celebrate around December 21
that daylight became longer. They celebrate with a lot eating and drinking and that tradition became
embedded in Xmas. With Eastern it was the same, the pagans celebrate that spring arrived and they had some rituals like eating a lot of eggs (fertility symbol) and big bonfires. I grow up with that, and they
still do it in the north-eastern and eastern part of my home country. :beer3:
I hope everyone is celebrating Gravy Day today....
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I've been invited to a boat party with some local ladies, might just do that and get overly merry
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Flying out.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

takeoman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:42 am
davegorman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:55 am I’m having Christmas with John Bringham, Beerinthemorning, StroppyChops, Jamie and Roz’ at her balcony.
Hate to disappoint you but, Bingham is committed elsewhere, Beer will be conning someone into letting him asphalt their driveway, Stroppy will be focused on charitable works, Jamie will be continuing his arduous missionary campaign among the vestal virgins, and last but not least Roz only admits the young and good looking. However explorer and RickyBobby are free to join you and your Belgian friend. :hattip:
tis true, i'll be drinking down the farm in SHV this Xmas :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

House sitting. The place is on a hill with big second story verandah and a rather splendid hammock very near an airport. Shall be a nice scotch with a cigar or three watching the planes as I lazily swing from side to side. I will probably also touch myself at some point. (Not on the verandah)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic