Who's online?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Who's online?

Post by Hotdigr »

Just reading that pathetic old thread by snookiebro that he bumped from 4 odd years ago. I notice on his ( and 2 others) avatars, it says "online" yet when you go down to the bottom of the thread to the "who's online" listing none of them appear as online.
So, my questions are - are they using socks and if so, why does it register on their avatar as them? If not, what is going on with the 2 conflicting advices?
Also, there is only 1 "Bing bot" showing, so that can't explain away 3 of them.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Who's online?

Post by Hotdigr »

Now, 1 minute after my OP, the bingbot has disappeared and Satiated Parrots' name has come up. He was one of the other 2 I was talking about ie: His avatar had "online" written on it, but his name wasn't listed as online. That explains 1 away, but leaves 2 unaccounted for!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I can only suggest you refresh both pages back and forth, as I would assume it should show the same status on both pages.

We have 129 logged in CEO members right now, plus 2,836 readers online as well, and all those numbers should be updating almost instantly as they fluctuate.

Refresh again and maybe it will solve the other two mysteries you have remaining.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

:wave:
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

:horse:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

When you log in, there is a box to tick to 'hide your online status'. Meaning that if you tick that box then your name won't show as being online.
E.G. "In total there are 1692 users online :: 63 registered, 4 hidden". Four members currently online are hidden.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Me apparently
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:53 am When you log in, there is a box to tick to 'hide your online status'. Meaning that if you tick that box then your name won't show as being online.
E.G. "In total there are 1692 users online :: 63 registered, 4 hidden". Four members currently online are hidden.

That would explain why the name of KGB, CIA and others dont appear on here.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

Why would anyone care or even bother looking whose names are shown or not? Serious mental issues there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic