Drug Squad Officer with FBI Certificate Busted for Drug Trafficking in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Drug Squad Officer with FBI Certificate Busted for Drug Trafficking in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia News: On December 12, 2018, Kampong Thom police cooperated with Siem Reap police to arrest a three-bar police officer, Moun Vitou, who was working in the serious crimes drug trafficking department in Siem Reap.
Mr. Eth Sothea, the prosecutor at Kampong Thom court has reported that after arresting a drug dealer in Kampong Thom for questioning, the suspect confessed that he had bought the drugs from a three-bar police officer belonging to the serious crimes drug squad in Siem Reap.
As a result of this information, Kampong Thom police got in touch with Siem Reap police, and the two teams went to arrest the three-bar policeman, who was found with 26 packs of drugs, and sent to Kampong Thom police station for further questioning.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Drug Squad Officer with FBI Certificate Busted for Drug Trafficking in Siem Reap

Post by frank lee bent »

Calling fake news

I doubr drug cops are dealers

Dont you?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Drug Squad Officer with FBI Certificate Busted for Drug Trafficking in Siem Reap

Post by explorer »

We know that police and criminals work together, so police are criminals.

The surprising part is that they are prepared to take on someone like this. I doubt they would take on his boss. People get killed for taking on the rich and powerful.

This should make police in other parts of Cambodia more careful.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Its a tempting scenario, repeated in cop lore, fact fiction and Hollywood. Lift the drugs off the crim's, give them a stern warning and let them go. Then resell the take. Its like taking candy from a baby and the easiest money to be had.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

He's probably a dedicated hard working honest cop!
He wouldn't play the game so they set him up with the oldest trick in the book.
How else could he of achieved such status :shrug:
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Not three star, three bar. Sat bei, not pkay bei.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:45 pm Not three star, three bar. Sat bei, not pkay bei.
Thanks, fixed. BTW, is there a graph/image that shows all the ranks of the Cambodian military/police? I know it varies a lot from country to county, but would be nice to see the ranks for Cambodia.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

JB posted one somewhere a while back.

Paging J Bingham.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

explorer wrote:We know that police and criminals work together, so police are criminals.

The surprising part is that they are prepared to take on someone like this. I doubt they would take on his boss. People get killed for taking on the rich and powerful.

This should make police in other parts of Cambodia more careful.
Who's we, white man?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:03 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:45 pm Not three star, three bar. Sat bei, not pkay bei.
Thanks, fixed. BTW, is there a graph/image that shows all the ranks of the Cambodian military/police? I know it varies a lot from country to county, but would be nice to see the ranks for Cambodia.

[/quote]
but would be nice to see the ranks for Cambodia.

I suppose you would like to see a list of the prices as well.?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic