Do Cambodian women know about ovulation cycles?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Do Cambodian women know about ovulation cycles?

Post by PhnomRon »

I had a 25 year old Cambodian girlfriend and when I suggested that we should be particularly careful on certain days of the month to avoid pregnancy, she had no idea. She asked me to explain how I knew, and how many days after her period were more or less likely for her to get pregnant.

Is this common? Do they not learn about this kind of stuff ever?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Do Cambodian women know about ovulation cycles?

Post by Arget »

No
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Confused man discovers bargirl is uneducated
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

I once heard a story about how some NGO workers went to a girly bar in Daun Penh to educate the staff about sexual health and were shocked to discover that some of the bar girls "didn't know where babies come from".
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

My friend (the Belgian) knows all about periods and ovulation cycles. He’s also very gay.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

OP, don't worry. It's all in the official curriculum, maybe your GF skipped a day at class once?
starkmonster
Expatriate

Post by starkmonster »

PhnomRon wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:24 am I had a 25 year old Cambodian girlfriend and when I suggested that we should be particularly careful on certain days of the month to avoid pregnancy, she had no idea. She asked me to explain how I knew, and how many days after her period were more or less likely for her to get pregnant.
Google Translate:

I suggested that banging her bareback was fine on specific days of the month, but she wasn't having any of it.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Strippers make more money when they are ovulating. https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/arti ... ers-secret

Do you think that Cambodian bar girls get more lady drinks when they are ovulating?
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Of course Cambodian women know about ovulation cycles.

And what is more, they also have access to free sound advice on these matters from the likes of :

UNFPA + WPRO and RHAC to mention just a few.

It must be a male asking this question.

OML
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I think it depends on the area. Some females don’t talk to their matriarch about it and don’t learn about it at school.

I know of one guy (not Belgian) who had to tell his wife about periods and the things they use “up there”. Apparently insertable ones is unheard of in SE Asia. She’s a PhD student.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic