Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

Post by Cam Nivag »

Sharky Bar has been doing a Joker draw for a while now, and I just saw an online ad for it. The draw happens Friday nights at 10:30 pm, and buying 3 tickets gets you a free beer, BUT they stop ticket sales at 9:30 p.m. Why wouldn't they just sell tickets and collect money right up until the draw happens, like Walkabout did?

Obviously, they are trying to force people to stay in there for at least an hour by showing up before 9:30 p.m. to buy tickets and then waiting around until after 10:30 p.m. for the drawing.

I hear that they have at least gotten rid of the live music, so the hour your spend there twiddling your thumbs waiting for the draw might actually be tolerable.

Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

Post by Joker Poker »

Well that sucks, but if it was over 10K with only a few tickets left, I'd hang around, music or no music.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

Post by Arget »

I will go sometime to try their Combodia beer?????????????????????
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Joker Poker wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 am Well that sucks, but if it was over 10K with only a few tickets left, I'd hang around, music or no music.
You don't how the game's played, do you? I saw it once and the chance of winning at that time (about 150 tickets were sold) was about 1:4.800.

Even if you would have spend 150$ and bought all the tickets the chance was only 1:32. Better chances @ Naga.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:53 am
Joker Poker wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 am Well that sucks, but if it was over 10K with only a few tickets left, I'd hang around, music or no music.
You don't how the game's played, do you? I saw it once and the chance of winning at that time (about 150 tickets were sold) was about 1:4.800.

Even if you would have spend 150$ and bought all the tickets the chance was only 1:32. Better chances @ Naga.
That should have read cards left, not tickets.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Joker Poker wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:53 am

That should have read cards left, not tickets.
From what I recall they take out one card, check it, and then put it back. That means you have to be there each and every time to remember which card is where to increase you chances. Unless you've seen the 'non jokers' the odds are the same even at the end of the game.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Unless they play differently to the Walkabou, the card selected by the punter each draw remains face-up.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Joker Poker wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:44 am Unless they play differently to the Walkabou, the card selected by the punter each draw remains face-up.
Not @ sharky's.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 am
Joker Poker wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:44 am Unless they play differently to the Walkabou, the card selected by the punter each draw remains face-up.
Not @ sharky's.
Then their website is wrong.

7) All cards turned over during the course of the game will be returned face-up to the locked cabinet. The cabinet will be locked again & the winner of the draw that night will sign the security seals attached to the cabinet padlocks. At the conclusion of each weekly draw, the barrel will be emptied in preparation for the next weeks draw.

That sounds the same as Walkabout apart from security seals.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

It’s outrageous that’s for sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic