Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

Post by fax »

Is there no honor among sleazy bars?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

Post by logos »

OP's post is sensationalist bullshit.

Who is preventing you from getting in there early, buy your tickets then go to have a real meal in a real restaurant somewhere else, or to a bar nearby for a quickie or blowjob, then back at 10: 30 for the draw?
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

logos wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:59 am OP's post is sensationalist bullshit.

Who is preventing you from getting in there early, buy your tickets then go to have a real meal in a real restaurant somewhere else, or to a bar nearby for a quickie or blowjob, then back at 10: 30 for the draw?
Nah, just Gav pining for the old days at 440 when his Joker thread was so good and informative.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Who is Gav?
It seems quite petty to start a thread about it. Why not have some ballsack and go and confront the owner about it?
aussieguy100
Expatriate

Sharky Bar trying to trap customers inside for at least an hour on Friday nights

Post by aussieguy100 »

davegorman wrote:Who is Gav?
It seems quite petty to start a thread about it. Why not have some ballsack and go and confront the owner about it?
As I understand it, various individuals including staff and customers, have already approached the person responsible, suggesting that stopping ticket sales at 9.30pm may not be a good idea, but the management said they definitely want to give the idea of stopping sales at 9.30pm a try.
(Edited for clarification)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by aussieguy100 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Using Tapatalk
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

aussieguy100 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:43 pm
davegorman wrote:Who is Gav?
As I understand it, various individuals including staff and customers, have approached the person responsible, and they say they definitely want to give the idea a try.

What idea?
aussieguy100
Expatriate

Post by aussieguy100 »

I see a modest ticket-tout business developing... someone can go before 9.30pm, buy say 100 tickets, and then resell them to other customers after 9.30pm for a very small markup, say 500 riel per ticket. That’s $12.50 profit plus probably a few of the free beers.
Of course the person wouldn’t be very popular with the bar management

Using Tapatalk
aussieguy100
Expatriate

Post by aussieguy100 »

davegorman wrote: What idea?
The idea of refusing to sell tickets after 9.30pm

Using Tapatalk
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Customers approached the owner/manager and demanded this? Why?
aussieguy100
Expatriate

Post by aussieguy100 »

Cam Nivag wrote:Customers approached the owner/manager and demanded this? Why?
No. The reverse. See my edited post above.

Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic