Follow up to Lias bye bye howii

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Follow up to Lias bye bye howii

Post by davegorman »

taabarang wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm
davegorman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 pm Without sounding morbid what time frame we talking, days, weeks?
I quite frankly don't know. The first symptom was bloody urine which was diagnosed as a nonmalignant prostate, which indeed was accurate. Ó Further scans revealed kidney and gall bladder stones, enough for a gravel quarry and the 3rd scan revealed the malignant urinary bladder tumor. The usual time frame is 5 months. Since I've no idea when growth began I can't know how much is either elapsed or left.
I apologise.
I don’t mean the prognosis I mean you terminating yourself, which I thought was the point of the threads?

Have to decided to just end it (by whatever means) or are you trying any suggestions?

(I’ll be honest I didn’t read much of the original thread as my father died the same way, at Dignitas actually)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I hope you got a second opinion on the scan results.

A friends wife was once told she had bone cancer, and required amputation of a foot.

A second opinion showed it to be some cartilage issue.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"apologise.
I don’t mean the prognosis I mean you terminating yourself, which I thought was the point of the threads?
Have to decided to just end it (by whatever means) or are you trying any suggestions?

(I’ll be honest I didn’t read much of the original thread as my father died the same way, at Dignitas actually

I have a planned exit which I promised that I wouldn't share, neither the method nor the donor's identity. I will iniate finality when symptoms become unbearable. Days, weeks or hopefully months are unknown.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Dont mean to hijack the thread but
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 pm Your kids and their mom are eligible for usa ss.
Get the formalities done and they will have some security.

Registration of the kids as citizens born abroad has benefits if you are the biological father.
Frank not exactly correct
ONLY if he got a A Consular Report of Birth Abroard (CRBA, or Form FS-240) for them
and if so he would have been collecting SS all the time till their 18
BUT when he dies they wont get anything UNLESS they are in the states
....The rules for receiving Social Security overseas do not apply to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
Most recipients of SSI are not entitled to benefits outside the United States. SSI benefits will stop if a recipient is outside the United States for more than 30 days, and benefits won't start up again until the recipient is back in the country for at least 30 days
As for the mom, Only if he was legally married and even if they were legally married,
For any spouse who is not a U.S. citizen or green-card holder, the general rule is that Social Security payments must stop if the spouse has been outside of the U.S. for six consecutive calendar months
.....he or she may still may be able to collect ongoing spousal Social Security benefits if the two of you lived together in the U.S. for at least five years while married
Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

taabarang wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 pm "apologise.

(I’ll be honest I didn’t read much of the original thread as my father died the same way, at Dignitas actually

I have a planned exit which I promised that I wouldn't share, neither the method nor the donor's identity. I will iniate finality when symptoms become unbearable. Days, weeks or hopefully months are unknown.
I opes you luck.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

beaker wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 pm Your kids and their mom are eligible for usa ss.

Registration of the kids as citizens born abroad has benefits if you are the biological father.
No they are not. To qualify they need to be live in the states for a minimum of 5years and unless you have income other than SS they will not let you take them to the states. They do all they can to keep them from collecting SS otherwise that would be a great way to do it just keep having kids. They can be out of wed lock too, and collect fathers SS, so it would be great for us old geezers we'd have lot of "wives" and kids
Does anyone know:

Are there any benefits if they are registered?

Is there anything which can be done to make it easier for the kids to go to America?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

explorer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:02 pm
beaker wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm

No they are not. To qualify they need to be live in the states for a minimum of 5years and unless you have income other than SS they will not let you take them to the states. They do all they can to keep them from collecting SS otherwise that would be a great way to do it just keep having kids. They can be out of wed lock too, and collect fathers SS, so it would be great for us old geezers we'd have lot of "wives" and kids
Does anyone know:

Are there any benefits if they are registered?

Is there anything which can be done to make it easier for the kids to go to America?
read my post above concerning kids. the SSI wont be enough to live in the states thou
Once the report is filled and Taaa got them US passports at the same time, they are US citizens and can travel to the states
but without $$$ ,,,,,
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"read my post above concerning kids. the SSI wont be enough to live in the states thou
Once the report is filled and Taaa got them US passports at the same time, they are US citizens and can travel to the states
but without $$$ ,,,,,*

Point well taken, however the couple must be legally married in Cambodia. Hence the emphasis on scholarships
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:07 pm Once the report is filled and Taaa got them US passports at the same time, they are US citizens and can travel to the states
but without $$$ ,,,,,
What is involved in getting them US passports?

Is it realistic to get them US passports if he is not legally married to their mother?

I see great benefits in getting US passports, if it is not to difficult, even if they dont have the money at the present time. They may have an opportunity in the future.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions."

Wrong, the questions and answers are still the same Your post on the Khmer language was a classic example of how YOU fraudulently claim kinship with this kingdom. Explorer my. ass
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic