Canadian bike thief Tye Brennan Charles Finley on way from Hanoi to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Canadian bike thief Tye Brennan Charles Finley on way from Hanoi to Cambodia

Post by Cinnamoncat »

fax wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:42 pm She said that it's a misunderstanding assuming that such a blue eyed pretty white boy would never do such a thing. Take a look at the news section and you see this type of stuff happening all the time. "Little Timmy would never do drugs!"

Nobody would ever do anything here. Excuses. Where is the bike or the money for it?
Yes, indeed. Where is the bike or the money for it?

Boy has turned up. Honor the commitment and pay for that motorcycle.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Canadian bike thief Tye Brennan Charles Finley on way from Hanoi to Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

As i said, who know what happened but for sure the Vietnamese have deemed them self's untrustworthy with there slippery scheming scams on tourists.

I don't trust them or any locals in SEA, why? Cos I been robbed by them too many times over the years and I read local media...... .
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:35 pm As i said, who know what happened but for sure the Vietnamese have deemed them self's untrustworthy with there slippery scheming scams on tourists.

I don't trust them or any locals in SEA, why? Cos I been robbed by them too many times over the years and I read local media...... .
How do you read local media?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Who knows what happened?

Well for starters there's a missing bike gone with someone who has since turned up without the bike. That's what happened you walking IQ reservoir.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

hanno wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:26 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:35 pm As i said, who know what happened but for sure the Vietnamese have deemed them self's untrustworthy with there slippery scheming scams on tourists.

Very simple, there are enough English language local media. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Sidewalker wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:42 pm
hanno wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Very simple, there are enough English language local media. :beer3:
My question was more meant to imply that I do not see Pineapple with a newspaper. He strikes me as someone whose idea of literature are Manga comics.
samantha.johnston
Tourist
Canada

Post by samantha.johnston »

UPDATE: Tye Finley is still missing, he was located and spoken to via messenger on Monday December 10th, he appeared haggard , and dazed and confused. Phone was held by My Linh , who miraculously found him in a city of 7 million people, who was also the last person to see him before his disappearance on December 8th , 2018. My linh said she wanted money. The conversation on messenger on December 10th 2018, was very short before the feed was lost and not recovered, messages were sent via messenger stating he was supposed to arrive at the Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada airport at 11:10pm December 14th, 2018 . He has still not arrived and has had no further contact with his family. Please keep your eyes open for him and contact the police or the Canadian embassy if you see him.
This information was posted to his mother's Facebook page. Please be kind , this mother only wants her son home safe
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am This stinks of Ice, and cat faced Vietnamese hookers.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

fax wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:35 pm That's what happened you walking IQ reservoir.
Haha!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic