Khmer ladies

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Khmer ladies

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: What age would you say a Khmer girl becomes on the shelf,ie thinks she is getting beyond marrige and motherhood. :please:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Khmer ladies

Post by frank lee bent »

PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Correct Frank my friend is very unhappy and she is 28. :hattip:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

They are firm believers that their wombs dry up after 30. I've seen a lot of surprise when discussing forty-somethings having children in the west.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

28 sounds young. I joined a dating site recently and lots of ladies [ not Khmer ] in their sixties, have expressed interest or sent messages to me, thinking that they are still at a marriageable age.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: you meet a lot off girls in Lady Bars who are divorced at 23yr old. :assasin:
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Well over 30. It varies a lot from person to person.

In Cambodian culture, most girls do not pursue boyfriends. They just wait until a man is interested in them. This is true at any age. If a man liked a single girl who was 35, that would normally be OK with her. Most older girls do not think whether someone may like them, they just wait and see (I am not talking about prostitutes).

A small proportion of Cambodian girls do pursue boyfriends, or at least show they are interested.

A girl who has been married or had a serious boyfriend, may think about it much more than a girl who has always been single, and may hope to get another one. There are a lot of girls who are separated.

Men tend to like younger girls. But if a man was single, or separated, and 40, he may like a 35 year old girl.

There are a lot of Cambodians who become separated, or their partner dies, when they are middle aged. Many of these get new partners.

The Japanese have a saying: A girl is like a Christmas cake. Everybody wants them before the 25th. This was true in many cultures (but things are changing). Many men like girls under 25. The girls have a lot of choice. From 25 to 30 their choices are gradually reduced. After 30 they do have less choices, but some girls over 30 do get married and have happy marriages.

Many girls are now going to university. A large proportion get married not long after they finish university.

In Cambodia, money has a lot to do with it. A girl will normally like a man with money.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

There are Cambodian women who have children when they are over 40.

The same in other cultures.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The Japanese have a saying: A girl is like a Christmas cake. Everybody wants them before the 25th.
Christmas cake is a thing in Japan? 8-)

In Cambodia, money has a lot to do with it. A girl will normally like a man with money.
No shit? I thought they were more into salt-of-the-earth types. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:40 pm
The Japanese have a saying: A girl is like a Christmas cake. Everybody wants them before the 25th.
Christmas cake is a thing in Japan? 8-)

its just a sponge cake that they eat at Xmas, not the traditional sort

they also eat KFC/Fried Chicken as their Xmas meal also

ImageImageImageImageImage
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic