US Food Week Comes to Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

US Food Week Comes to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

And it's not only hamburgers on the menu...

U.S. Foods Week opens in Phnom Penh
December 3, 2018
It is again the time of the year for Cambodia foodies to whet their appetites for American food, because the U.S. Food Week commenced at the Academy of Culinary Arts Cambodia (ACAC) in Phnom Penh, on December 1.

The U.S. began promotional activities for U.S. food products in Cambodia in 2013. Coined the U.S. Foods Week, the work in 2018 will have leading restaurants and import partners participating, and they will promote U.S.-grown ingredients and products such as lentils, dried beans, beef, potatoes, and California raisins and wines.

At the opening ceremony, guests were treated to various food samples. All were prepared using U.S.-grown ingredients by the cooks at the ACAC. Offered were hummus moU.S.se with sea bream carpaccio and coriander oil, popcorn doughnuts, and beef with coffee rub and creamed cabbage, among others.

Speaking on Friday, November 30, at event’s opening, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Senior Attaché for Agricultural Affairs Gerald Smith said that Cambodia’s U.S. food imports have almost doubled since 2013 – from $10.3 million to $19.6 million in 2017.

This, he said, was mainly due to the increase in qualified chefs who have acquired the skills needed to cater to Cambodian consumers’ diverse demands.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50555319/u ... hnom-penh/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: US Food Week Comes to Cambodia

Post by AB101 »

Probably the only thing I am ashamed to be an American over......food.

Without doubt and beyond any argument, American food ( I cannot call it cuisine) is the worst in the world. KFC, Big Macs, Dunkins, Corn Dogs, Wieners, the list goes on for miles. Junk, junk, junk food. It's little wonder that we are one of the most unhealthy nations in the world and now we are exporting our trash to Asia. (hangs head in shame).
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

AB101 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 pm Probably the only thing I am ashamed to be an American over......food.

Without doubt and beyond any argument, American food ( I cannot call it cuisine) is the worst in the world. KFC, Big Macs, Dunkins, Corn Dogs, Wieners, the list goes on for miles. Junk, junk, junk food. It's little wonder that we are one of the most unhealthy nations in the world and now we are exporting our trash to Asia. (hangs head in shame).
What about your granny's Apple Pie?

:popcorn:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

It's a greasy, trans-fatty, slippery slope from here lads...say a fond farewell to our most beloved, svelte, sensuous, beauty renowned the world over...our delicate flowers...our Khmer women.

Fuck you Big Mac

AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

Brody wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:21 pm It's a greasy, trans-fatty, slippery slope from here lads...say a fond farewell to our most beloved, svelte, sensuous, beauty renowned the world over...our delicate flowers...our Khmer women.

Fuck you Big Mac

That's not a Khmer, that's June from our local Burger King in Herndon. She seems to have lost weight.
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

AB101 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 pm Probably the only thing I am ashamed to be an American over......food.

Without doubt and beyond any argument, American food ( I cannot call it cuisine) is the worst in the world. KFC, Big Macs, Dunkins, Corn Dogs, Wieners, the list goes on for miles. Junk, junk, junk food.
What the actual fuck? If you choose to consume that shit instead of the vast array of food styles that make up actual American cuisine, that's on you, sunshine. You're actually Australian or something, right?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

?? :please:
Prime rib, Kansas city BBQ ribs, Maine lobster, Tex Mex, Buttermilk Biscuits with gravy, Key lime pie, Philly Cheese Steak ,New England clam chowder, Thanksgiving dinner with all the timings, Chill dog, San Francisco sourdough bread, New York pizza, Maryland crabcakes, salad bars
and the list goes on and on....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Moe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:07 am

Without doubt and beyond any argument, American food ( I cannot call it cuisine) is the worst in the world. KFC, Big Macs, Dunkins, Corn Dogs, Wieners, the list goes on for miles. Junk, junk, junk food.
What the actual fuck? If you choose to consume that shit instead of the vast array of food styles that make up actual American cuisine, that's on you, sunshine. You're actually Australian or something, right?
Hey hey hey............. back off from the "must be an Aussie shit"..............if they were an Aussie it would have been, Baked Beans, Pies, Sausage Rolls , Chiko Rolls, Potato cakes, Red cordial and an serve of Pavlova topped with strawberries, banana, passion fruit and Kiwi fruit.

If you want to try to insult our tucker at least get it right..........wanker =@
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Arget wrote:

Hey hey hey............. back off from the "must be an Aussie shit"..............if they were an Aussie it would have been, Baked Beans, Pies, Sausage Rolls , Chiko Rolls, Potato cakes, Red cordial and an serve of Pavlova topped with strawberries, banana, passion fruit and Kiwi fruit.

If you want to try to insult our tucker at least get it right..........wanker =@
Just to point out Pavlova is a kiwi dish. Bloody aussies always trying to claim our good things.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:39 pm
Arget wrote:

Just to point out Pavlova is a kiwi dish. Bloody aussies always trying to claim our good things.

Yep, It all started when they claimed Joh Bjeike-Peterson was Australian.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic