Chinese Man Goes Berserk with Meat Cleaver in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Chinese Man Goes Berserk with Meat Cleaver in Phnom Penh

Post by newkidontheblock »

I blame the Chinese social credit system for driving so many marginal citizens to Cambodia. The system there locks them out of any future at home, so they are forced to move. Expect to see more in the future.

As for Western cops vs. the local boys in blue. Western cops prioritize protecting the public. In this case, an innocent sugar can seller and a cop was injured by this crazie. I’m sure if it was one of those innocent bystanders who injured by this man, I would have wanted to be police to stop him before it happened.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

The 70 year old woman was extremely lucky to just have a cut ear, the guy could have easily split her head in half
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:57 am In America, he'd get about 60 9mil holes drilled into him.
Well to be fair it's not that long since someone who did that here would get thirty 7.62mm holes drilled into them. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

December 5, 2018
Man charged for hacking policeman
Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday charged a Chinese national over the hacking of a policeman and an elderly woman while high on drugs in Chamkar Mon district on Saturday.

Captain Duong Savuth, a district police officer, identified the accused as Jin Chun, 37, a tourist living in a rental house in Boeng Trabek commune.

He said Mr Jin was arrested on Saturday afternoon and was charged with drug use and intentional acts of violence with aggravating circumstances. He faces up to five years in prison if convicted.

Cap Savuth said that at about 2pm on Saturday, the accused was high on drugs and walked shirtless along Street 432 in the commune.

He said Mr Jin was carrying a cleaver and saw Meas Saly, 70, a sugarcane vendor pushing her cart.

“The accused grabbed Ms Saly and tried to slash her throat but she avoided the cleaver,” Cap Savuth said. “While the victim was trying to escape from his grip, Mr Jin hacked her on the head, causing serious injuries.”

He said that a group of district police officers on patrol saw the attack and one of them, Mao Samnang, 54, went to intervene.

“Mr Samnang tried to grab the cleaver but the accused hacked him several times, causing serious injuries,” Cap Savuth said.

He said when the other police officers ran to help Mr Samnang, the accused tried to kill himself.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50556082/m ... policeman/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

I was there. At 2:32 seconds into the news story my wife and i can be seen.

I turned on the block guided by GPS and realized the street was empty and the police started screaming at me. I slowed to pull a u turn when i noticed him 20 feet away glaring at me! Lol. I went and parked and he walked down the street towards me and the other 75 ppl i parked by. When he got close enough i took my helmet off to use as a weapon. Thats when my wife freaked out and i decided to get her out of harms way when the other 75 ppl and cops ran! Thats when he wss hit with sticks and it was over.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 pm The locals sorted it out before the police arrived

Just a shame none of them had a gun to end it quickly

Surely the Cambodian people are getting sick of their Chinese visitors now ?

There lots of police there. I asked my wife why they did not shoot him yet, just after he approached us threatening and the police and crowd ran from him
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 pm The locals sorted it out before the police arrived

Just a shame none of them had a gun to end it quickly

Surely the Cambodian people are getting sick of their Chinese visitors now ?

It takes a good man with a meat cleaver to stop a bad man with a meat cleaver. Now under the Cambodian Constitution every Cambodian should be entitled to carry a meat cleaver for their own protection.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic