Know of any tame stray cats?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Know of any tame stray cats?

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Hi again, all.

As many of you know, I've been working with Animal Rescue Cambodia and PPAWS to care for and spay/neuter a significant number of cats, mostly in and around Wat Langka. To date I've been able to trap and spay/neuter thirty one terrific little guys and gals (get with me after this if you're looking for a new companion animal, btw), but the time is right for a much, *much* bigger push.

It happens that, beginning on 8 December, ARC is going to enjoy the services of a team of visiting vets, and the Director has asked me to trap as many cats as I possibly can, for delivery to ARC on the eighth, specifically.

If you or anyone you know is friendly with one or more approachable stray cats with unclipped left ears -- especially in Daun Penh, BKK1-2-3, Russian Market, Chinese Embassy areas -- please let me know. There is no charge & I will provide the traps, bait food, and two-way transportation.

Thanks!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Know of any tame stray cats?

Post by frank lee bent »

Timmydownawell looks after pagoda cats.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

We're in contact regarding the cats at his pagoda.

There are also a *lot* of other cats.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Jungle cat telegraph

Look out Tom, barang doctor come

Him no good

Him numba 10
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Anyone who would like to let me know of a friendly stray cat with an unclipped left ear, please let me know, either in this thread ir via PM if you prefer -- thanks, everyone!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I'm still working on trust issues with a few at my pagoda. As soon as they trust me I betray them. A visit to the testicle receptacle! Or female equivalent.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The coochy hootchie?
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by Rogue »

I've got a some you can have. One is a female that just had a litter of three, take them all. The other is a male that seems to be popular with the female... :facepalm:

Pm me if you are serious.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

These are the only stray cats I know of:

Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Rogue wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:04 pm I've got a some you can have. One is a female that just had a litter of three, take them all. The other is a male that seems to be popular with the female... :facepalm:

Pm me if you are serious.
Sorry, Rogue! We're not looking to re-home cats, this is strictly a T-N-R operation (trap, neuter, and return). If your adult(s) are unspayed/unneutered and don't have any identifying ownership designators (like microchips, collars, etc), we can pass them off as strays and have them spayed and neutered for you, but at the end of that procedure you *will* get the cats back. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic