Is there a food delivery service in Phnom Penh that doesn't suck?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Is there a food delivery service in Phnom Penh that doesn't suck?

Post by fax »

Which one do you fatasses use?

Your Phnom Penh: Scammer drivers always short on change. Operators eating and laughing with each other when they call to confirm your order.

InstafoodKH: Probably the slowest but maybe the most reliable.

Nham24: Doesn't place your order with the restaurant until the driver is already there usually an hour after you ordered and then they call you up an hour later to tell you that they're out of burger buns or some other crazy excuse.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Is there a food delivery service that doesn't suck?

Post by Brody »

I use:

My Wife: Fast delivery; Made to order; Outstanding, varied menu; No minimum order; No tipping; Sometimes, post meal sexual favors are available as well.

Currently only able to serve one customer, sorry.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

They all suck. You could try meal temple, but service is just as bad as the rest of them. Your best bet is to take your own motorcycle (or car), drive to the restaurant of your choice, place your order, make sure they got it right, wait 30min for your food, check your bag, notice that they got the order wrong, wait another 20min, and drive back to your place.
Good customer service is something I have yet to experience in Cambodia.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Learn to cook and do it yourself. That's what happened to me after multiple times of food poisoning that I abandoned restaurants and eateries altogether.

Now the issue is learning how to differentiate if ingredients themselves are not tainted, and I say that grumbling as the last batch of spinach i consumed has me confined to bog today.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Never had a problem with Your Phnom Penh, except their UI sucks on mobile, and they never call to confirm my order.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Brody wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:06 pm I use:

My Wife: Fast delivery; Made to order; Outstanding, varied menu; No minimum order; No tipping; Sometimes, post meal sexual favors are available as well.

Currently only able to serve one customer, sorry.
Queef wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:06 pm They all suck. You could try meal temple, but service is just as bad as the rest of them. Your best bet is to take your own motorcycle (or car), drive to the restaurant of your choice, place your order, make sure they got it right, wait 30min for your food, check your bag, notice that they got the order wrong, wait another 20min, and drive back to your place.
Good customer service is something I have yet to experience in Cambodia.
I think you should apologize to Brody.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
steelyRon
Expatriate

Re: Is there a food delivery service in Phnom Penh that doesn't suck?

Post by steelyRon »

fax wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:57 pm Which one do you fatasses use?

Your Phnom Penh: Scammer drivers always short on change. Operators eating and laughing with each other when they call to confirm your order.

InstafoodKH: Probably the slowest but maybe the most reliable.

Nham24: Doesn't place your order with the restaurant until the driver is already there usually an hour after you ordered and then they call you up an hour later to tell you that they're out of burger buns or some other crazy excuse.

I don't think they have service in PP, but Tukout in Kampot is better than good. Over 25 orders processed, with only 1 a little late. Can select from around 20 local eateries.
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by Rogue »

SlowJoe wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:24 pm Learn to cook and do it yourself. That's what happened to me after multiple times of food poisoning that I abandoned restaurants and eateries altogether.

Now the issue is learning how to differentiate if ingredients themselves are not tainted, and I say that grumbling as the last batch of spinach i consumed has me confined to bog today.
If you soak your veggies in a 15/85 distilled vinegar/water mix for 15 minutes you can cut down your toilet paper bill. There is a lot of shit on vegetables! (pun intended)
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Is there a food delivery service in Phnom Penh that doesn't suck?

Post by SlowJoe »

^^I soak my veggies AND cook them sadly. I think the issue this time has to deal with something in the soil being absorbed in the vegetables themselves, maybe grown in bad soil or something.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Rogue wrote:
SlowJoe wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:24 pm Learn to cook and do it yourself. That's what happened to me after multiple times of food poisoning that I abandoned restaurants and eateries altogether.

If you soak your veggies in a 15/85 distilled vinegar/water mix for 15 minutes you can cut down your toilet paper bill. There is a lot of shit on vegetables! (pun intended)
Most of the veges we get are from the wet market, or busseed in from province via the family farm, or the mil's greens dealer. I rinse veges, but not with much more rigor than I used to in Australia. Certainly wouldn't bother with distilled vinegar. Bum guns keep the toilet paper bill to zero, and I can't remember the last time I had a rough stomach that wasn't related to chilli or cumin.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic