Cambodia and Nepal to Sign Aviation Agreement

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Cambodia and Nepal to Sign Aviation Agreement

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

walkjivefly wrote:Right, cos there's so much demand for flights between Cambodia and Nepal.
I've been from PP and am always itching to go back, just haven't had the time. I think there's a professional photographer who spends time between here and Nepal, and I know a few locals who have been as well, so I'm sure there would be a demand from Cambodians to go there. At the moment flights are pretty pricey, not so much because of the distance, but the transits. A direct flight would be awesome.

Richard, I think Malindo also have some good prices. Air Asia through India is quite cheap as well. I think it was cheaper for me than going through KL or BKK for some reason.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Mr. Yuck
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by Mr. Yuck »

A number of backpackers will take up this route as well
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
walkjivefly wrote:Right, cos there's so much demand for flights between Cambodia and Nepal.
I've been from PP and am always itching to go back, just haven't had the time. I think there's a professional photographer who spends time between here and Nepal, and I know a few locals who have been as well, so I'm sure there would be a demand from Cambodians to go there. At the moment flights are pretty pricey, not so much because of the distance, but the transits. A direct flight would be awesome.

Richard, I think Malindo also have some good prices. Air Asia through India is quite cheap as well. I think it was cheaper for me than going through KL or BKK for some reason.
I've visited Nepal before, would be happy to go back and do more trekking. Just can't see there being loads of demand and one flight a week isn't likely to be cheap.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

It's all complete nonsense. Just because government officials make an agreement or MOU or secret handshake it has nothing to do with the airlines who have to fund the flights. Most airlines can only afford to operate regular flights if there is enough business class travel to fund the pikey backpackers in economy.
Cambodia hasn't been able to get a flight organised to India with its population of 1.3 billion. So the 29 million Nepalese are way down the list.
Basically its a few officials pretending to do some work a.k.a. a nice dinner and chat with some Asian cousins.
Ain't going to happen.....
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Nepal, Cambodia sign maiden air service pact
The agreement will allow both countries to operate 14 weekly flights and unlimited cargo flights.
December 1, 2018

Nepal and Cambodia on Thursday signed the first bilateral air service agreement (ASA), allowing 14 weekly flights in either direction.

The ASA will allow the airlines of both countries to launch commercial flights.

It was signed by Nepal’s Tourism Minister Rabindra Adhikari and Mao Havanall, Minister in charge of the Secretariat of Civil Aviation of Cambodia, amidst aprogramme.

In full: http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news ... -pact.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

...14 weekly flights and unlimited cargo flights.....
ahhhh trying to get in on the lucrative hash market :-) :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic