Cost of top & bottom dental implants?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cost of top & bottom dental implants?

Post by frank lee bent »

I noticed many billboards around the airport in Los Angeles offering implants for $400 each.
When I asked Dr Bun at Roomchang about it; he told me that Roomchang uses the most expensive materials on the market which account for more than half the price.
At that time they were charging around $2000/tooth not including bone grafts if required.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:05 pm
Brody wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am About $1500 per tooth.
Was that a wind-up?

Jeezus, if not, I'd better start taking much better care of my chompers.

The Roomchang website just says "Enquire" as far as pricing for implants.
An implant done by a Cambodian dentist is also more affordable: it costs $2,000 here compared with $6,000 in the United States, according to information on Roomchang Hospital’s website.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/7days/den ... -australia
Good God.

Time to consider the dental option in my health insurance plan.
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Post by B1.Barang »

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... 2520Clinic

It is a standard place, khmer doctor who graduated from French. He do good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LuckyMe84
Tourist
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by LuckyMe84 »

In 2017 I decided to travel to Southeast Asia to get some dental work done. I called and emailed about twenty different dentists all over Thailand and Cambodia and I was given some pretty attractive prices, compared to what I was going to pay here in the states. I needed two front porcelain implants, three root canals and three or four fillings. I was quoted around $2500 by several places in Thailand..and a little less in Cambodia. I flew into Bangkok prepared to spend that much, but when I got there I decided to look around for a bit and see if I could find some better prices in person. I found a couple places in Thailand that were willing to do the work for about a grand. I decided to hold of and see what I could find in Cambodia. I ended up finding a place in PP that did all said work for $350...and they contoured my bottom teeth for free! I was obviously somewhat concerned about the quality of the work since he was willing to do it so cheap...but after asking around and finding out that he had a great reputation and had actually gone to dental school in the US I decided to go for it. Its been two and half years and all the work has held up wonderfully.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Skankykins wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:16 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am About $1500 per tooth.
Thanks for your reply but how much per tooth?
It depends on the type of implant and the quality and the state of your jawbone, as that determine show much work they have to do first and how lilely the implany will be successful. Its not as simple as going and buying a beer
Elegance dental clinic on mao tse toung, Dr Porcheang. Foreign trained and a eturer in dentistry at teuniversiyt. been using him for years.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

he needs an orthodontist first maybe?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic