Cost of top & bottom dental implants?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cost of top & bottom dental implants?

Post by John Bingham »

Skankykins wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 am So, with 32 teeth in an adult's mouth, the total cost for implants for my young friend would be $64,000?!

I think you're talking out your fucking arse.
What kind of answer do you expect when you ask the same question twice? You've got an attitude problem.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:29 am
Skankykins wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:16 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am About $1500 per tooth.
Thanks for your reply but how much per tooth?
I sent you links for information on all the implant possibilities including prices, was there something missing, what else do you need to know?

Implant Supported Removable Over-dentures
An implant over-denture is a denture that is held in place by dental implants that have been surgically implanted into your jawbone. The implant provides the denture with excellent stability and support and offers a number of advantages over traditional dentures:

The dental implants preserve and stimulate bone and prevent deterioration that causes jaws to shrink and facial features to change
Over-dentures prevent facial contour changes that lead to premature wrinkles and aging.
Over-dentures will allow you to chew your food better and speak more clearly.
Denture creams and adhesives are no longer needed with denture implants.

Types of Over-dentures

There are three main types of over-dentures: check the links I sent.
Thanks for your very detailed reply, Kuroneko.
My friend has what's known as an anterior crossbite which is where the lower front teeth protrude in front of the upper front teeth. Having read your helpful reply a full set of implants may not be the most effective solution. I will probably end up taking her around some of the suggestions given above and determining the most cost-effective solution.
Thanks again.
And thanks to all of you who took the time to provide helpful answers / suggestions.
If possible, I'll try and provide some pictures.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Skankykins can fuck off
Does your arse get jealous if your mouth talks?
Learn a bit of civility.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Skankykins wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:20 pm
Thanks for your very detailed reply, Kuroneko.
My friend has what's known as an anterior crossbite which is where the lower front teeth protrude in front of the upper front teeth. Having read your helpful reply a full set of implants may not be the most effective solution. I will probably end up taking her around some of the suggestions given above and determining the most cost-effective solution.
Thanks again.
And thanks to all of you who took the time to provide helpful answers / suggestions.
If possible, I'll try and provide some pictures.
An anterior crossbite can be fixed with orthodontic braces:
"Use of Orthodontic Braces: Crossbites are treated using braces, which make the teeth straight and fix the upper and lower teeth to achieve the required adjustment of the bite. Use of Aligners: Use can be made of Invisalign aligners. It is considered to be an easy treatment strategy"

Common Orthodontics Problems: If you have any of the following, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment:

Overbite — Where the upper front teeth lie stick out over the lower teeth
Underbite — Where the lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back
Crossbite — when the upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally

Check here:
https://roomchang.com/services-orthodontics-braces/
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Was that a wind-up?

Jeezus, if not, I'd better start taking much better care of my chompers.

The Roomchang website just says "Enquire" as far as pricing for implants.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Brody wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 pm
Was that a wind-up?
In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Brody wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 pm
Was that a wind-up?

Jeezus, if not, I'd better start taking much better care of my chompers.

The Roomchang website just says "Enquire" as far as pricing for implants.
An implant done by a Cambodian dentist is also more affordable: it costs $2,000 here compared with $6,000 in the United States, according to information on Roomchang Hospital’s website.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/7days/den ... -australia
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

My apologies! :hattip:
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

I'd be interested in hearing from anybody who knows better but isn't dentistry- like so many things, except beer- cheaper for same quality in Thailand than Cambodia?
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Post by TheWarrior »

Here is the prices in Thailand. The Prices in Phnom Penh should be about the same or less.

https://www.thantakit.com/dental-crowns ... -thailand/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic