why so much disrespect for those recently passing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: why so much disrespect for those recently passing

Post by Username Taken »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:37 pm
# Australians are now searching for a more offensive word than cunt, coz every cockhead is immune to cunt now. Unless you call them a shit cunt.
What about 'trapper'?

"Your a fkn trapper, mate."
"You lookin for a knuckle sandwich ya trapper?"

:beer3:
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Gen. Macck:
You wrote this:
""Because we can't read your mind and don't know when you read something offensive, so if you're going to complain about it publicity, the LEAST you could do is report it to us as well. Thanks.""
Does that mean you and the mods comes only in action after a report?
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Sidewalker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:28 am Gen. Macck:
You wrote this:
""Because we can't read your mind and don't know when you read something offensive, so if you're going to complain about it publicity, the LEAST you could do is report it to us as well. Thanks.""
Does that mean you and the mods comes only in action after a report?
Again, you didn't report something you say you found terribly offensive, and you also don't seem interested in talking about it privately.

Call me crazy, but it sounds like you're more interested in publicly whining about this than helping find a resolution. It's fine if you're not a native English speaker, but one Australian calling another Australian a fucking wanker or something just doesn't register very high on my, 'oh fuck, maybe I should delete this' ometer. I would assume someone who seems as concerned as you about it would appreciate the invitation to discuss it privately, but I guess not.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

That is praise in australia.

I hope members do not think we are constantly surveilling their posts .

We dont have time for that
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:54 pm
takeoman wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:07 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:00 pm I will cry...........
Young Jamie picked the right time to go awol. :hattip:
Been lurking bro but been far too busy Enjoying myself in Pattaya visiting temples n shit :roll: :beer3:
plus im northern english thats used to building site banter, im far to thick skinned to understand half the things people seem to take offence over from words on the internet

but, i do agree agree with the comments about having more strict modding, on the foreign death threads, and due to the support shown on this thread, ill likely be deleting any needlessly trolling posts that family/friends/or any joe blogs might think is inappropriate/offensive
Please give my best regards to all the ""vestal virgins" you'll be meeting on your temple visits. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

It has to be said the barang death toll has been out of control lately. Seems like another one almost every day.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:37 pm #1.... I can't see my Karma points, nor care.
# Australians are now searching for a more offensive word than cunt, coz every cockhead is immune to cunt now. Unless you call them a shit cunt.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
A miracle must happens, your karma points are back! :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 pm It has to be said the barang death toll has been out of control lately. Seems like another one almost every day.
The only wrong word in this sentence is "lately".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:07 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 pm It has to be said the barang death toll has been out of control lately. Seems like another one almost every day.
Not really. There has been a noticeable upsurge in the past month or so.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:19 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:07 pm
Not really. There has been a noticeable upsurge in the past month or so.
Agree with Timmy.
As a forum, we have decided that threads announcing expat deaths should be respectful to the families and I'm good with that. Because the news reports say "heart attack"and don't mention drugs, then we should not suggest that drugs are implicated in the deaths of all these relatively young foreigners recently. Ok. A lot of families are in denial, particularly parents, and I can respect that they would prefer that drugs aren't mentioned as part of forum speculation.

HOWEVER, there has been a spike in young foreigners dying of "heart attacks" lately. I think this is news and is worth mentioning, if only to put out a warning for people to take care. Whether or not they change their behavior is another matter. In any case, I don't like the idea that we should unquestioningly go along with the official narrative of all these "heart attacks".
If there is something on the market that is killing more foreigners than usual - mostly way too young - then IMO this is a subject that should be up for discussion.
Thoughts ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic