Nightlife in Kep

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PhnomPenhPat
Tourist
United States of America

Nightlife in Kep

Post by PhnomPenhPat »

Heard from a friend that Kep now has a street with hostess bars. I haven't been down there for a few years but it used to be lights out at 10pm pretty much everywhere. Does anyone have any up to date info?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Nightlife in Kep

Post by phuketrichard »

LOL:
not allowed.....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hostess bars in Kep? That is truly shocking (no 'sarcasm' font).
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

My friend got crabs from the market
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:29 pm LOL:
not allowed.....
LOL, thats what they said about Kampot too only a few months back! But you are right, at the moment it doesn't exist. In fact Kep has NO nightlife at all.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

PhnomPenhPat wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:15 pm Heard from a friend that Kep now has a street with hostess bars. I haven't been down there for a few years but it used to be lights out at 10pm pretty much everywhere. Does anyone have any up to date info?
Maybe your friend is confusing Kep with Kampot ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Hotdigr wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:09 pm
not allowed.....
LOL, thats what they said about Kampot too only a few months back! But you are right, at the moment it doesn't exist. In fact Kep has NO nightlife at all.
what keeps Kep special :beer3:
AFAIK no hostess bars in Kampot as well, (at least their weren't in August or did i miss them LOL) , just lots of places to eat Pizza
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Hotdigr wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:09 pm
not allowed.....
I haven't even been there for a few years, but when I was Kep barely had any life in the daytime, let alone after dark. I always laughed at those old signs that said "Welcome to the City of Kep", as you drove along a road with a few houses along it indistinguishable from any other rural road.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
gaplem
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by gaplem »

So what foreigners do there ?!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

gaplem wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 am So what foreigners do there ?!
Go to the crab market to eat.. Only one decent beach and it's crowded.. Watch the sunset over a drink at that sailing club place.. Go to Rabbit island..
Didn't seem much else.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic