another us school shooting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

another us school shooting

Post by phuketrichard »

what the fuck is wrong with kids in america?

breakup of the American family?
drugs
tv
social media
its getting sad that this happens more an more.
(CNN) -- Jordan Luton was finishing his lunch in the cafeteria at Washington state's Marysville-Pilchuck High School on Friday when he heard it -- a loud bang.

Then there was another. And another. And another. And another.

What he saw was freshman Jaylen Fryberg go up to a table with students, "came up from behind ... and fired about six bullets into the backs of them," Luton told CNN. "They were his friends, so it wasn't just random."

Some of the students began to run. Luton and others hit the ground, some hiding under tables.

By the time it was over, two people -- the gunman and a female student -- were dead and four were wounded, according to authorities. Those wounded were all under the age of 18, they said.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/wa ... index.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Re: another us school shooting

Post by The Add Jay »

breakup of the American family?
drugs
tv
social media

All correct. Prescription drugs I would say.

Might I had no belief in God? Therefor the value of life plummets, Just a theory Im not religious in anyway but I do think that is also a factor.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

lots of kids don't believe in god, no reason to off ur friends and yourself
I think violent video games comes into a big part, they play them and its a easy step to committing the crime

something is going very wrong;
1950's 21 school shooting
1960's 17
1970's 24 1970 Kent state shootings
1999 columbine 13 killed since then 23 more shootings by students, http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /17846763/
jump to 2000's 48
and so far in 2010..... 103!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ted_States

Think its more of a point that schools need to do more consoling and try and prevent the crime rather than clean it up after the fact and wonder
"where did we go wrong"
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

phuketrichard wrote: I think violent video games comes into a big part, they play them and its a easy step to committing the crime

Suspect you are right there, also, I think that to some extent they are just acting out the shit they see on TV every single day.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

of course... psychiatrists and prescription drugs...
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

phuketrichard wrote:what the fuck is wrong with kids in america?
How does America compare with other countries with such easy availability of guns?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I reckon the dehumanising gun violence in video games might be a factor but the fact remains it's facilitated by the reality that guns are readily available. If you are a young, impressionable and slightly unstable person the abilitiy to cause damage, whatever the cause, is there. The games are popular in the UK but we don't get the killing because guns aren't.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so what changed??? :thumb:

VIDEO Games
breakdown of family values
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

phuketrichard wrote:

VIDEO Games
Those yes.
There were youtube vids of the producers son who went on a shooting spree. He had an overinflated ego, and seemed to want to kill those that hadn't noticed how wonderful he was!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

phuketrichard wrote:Image

VIDEO Games
This. Violence in games and tv have been around for a while.

It all comes down the the parents IMHO. If kids can access guns so easily the family is at fault.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic