British Expat MICHAEL HYSLOP in Very Bad Condition on Roadside in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: British Expat MICHAEL HYSLOP in Very Bad Condition on Roadside in Siem Reap

Post by explorer »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:28 pm :stir: I think its about time as ex-pats we set up a network for ailing ex-pats,maybe we get 100 ex-pats paying 10$ a month to set up a fund for guys in need,its easy to say i have insurance,i have a family,what about in 5yrs time when your spouse has bled you dry,you have lost contact with your friends and your all alone in a shitty 10$ room.Just to have someone dropping in for a chat,do your shopping,take your washing to the laundry.hand on heart how many off you trust your khmer spouses to stand by you when your a burden? :assasin:
It is a good idea, but I think some people will try to take advantage of something like this, so it probably wont work.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: its very easy to tell whom is ill and who is not,i,m not saying the contributers are the only people to benifit from this fund,it,s people like Micheal who neede help,it will not be like a goverment fund just a helping hand for those in need,remenber the two down and out druggies one got hit with a tuck,the fund could have given them a room and a little cash for food.Then one might not have been hit with a truck. :facepalm:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Plus you’ll need trustees and they are bound to disagree or misappropriation the funds!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:07 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:39 pm but I bet not a single one would render any assistance to a dude like bloat boy.
Well done. I see you got that bloat boy comment in under the gun while he was still on his death bed, before he expired and the croupier waved his hand and said "no more insults, RIP and top bloke only"
You really are a crass, callous insensitive person aren't you Macgavin. You just can't leave well enough alone can you, you self centred idiot. It all has to be about you and your opinions.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:28 pm set up a fund
In theory it is a good idea. Think about how it will be decided who gets help, and what is included?

Somebody may be sick for a long time, and the biggest expense may be the hospital bill. Some may expect large hospital bills to be paid by the fund.

Some people may not want their contribution to help people where problems are self inflicted, such as an alcoholic.

Think about the details.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: i would think most people who are willing to start paying into the fund,are the same guys who will help anyone.It could be stated that no person gets more than x amount of money.i mean if a person is ill but can travel home to the west,a airfare could be paid.Maybe a group of 3 persons could decide,some cases like Micheal are stone wall. :evil:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

camnivag banned again- what for this time?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:28 pm set up a fund
How about starting with one person, or a small number of people. The next time somebody needs help, see what can be done to help them. See who will contribute money for that person. See who will put in time and effort.

This way some of the practical realities will become clear.

I think it would be easy to pay a Cambodian girl to take food to them, do their washing, or even take their washing to a laundry, etc. But you need the right type of Cambodian girl.

Dont start collecting money yet. Collect it for the individual(s). See if it works in reality.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

next thing u know the missionaries will want to get involved to,"save his soul"

MY advice, if ur living anywhere outside ur own country, be self sufficient or come from a wealthy family.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 am MY advice, if ur living anywhere outside ur own country, be self sufficient or come from a wealthy family.
A lot of people are not. Do you want to tell them all to leave Cambodia?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic