British Maths Teacher KIERAN THOMAS GAJRAJ Arrested for Drunken Shouting, No Passport

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: British Maths Teacher KIERAN THOMAS GAJRAJ Arrested for Drunken Shouting, No Passport

Post by RickyBobby »

That top though. If I was the competent authorities, I too would keep a box of ugly clothes and play 'dress up' when they come in in their undies just for the fun of it.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: British Maths Teacher KIERAN THOMAS GAJRAJ Arrested for Drunken Shouting, No Passport

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Wow, what terrible bad luck.
1) Tuk tuk who is traceable by the app decides to organize a theft from him
2) A bunch of locals appear from nowhere on the empty street and decide they want his clothing
3) For some reason somebody decides to plant drugs on him
4) He may have had a drink spiked
5) Friend posts she has been concerned about him using drugs, she made it up for some reason

What are we missing?

I think it is possible some of those things are true, but I doubt all. It is more likely you were hammered and the tuk tuk tried to jack you with some friends. I don't buy anything about drugs being planted on you or friend posting they are concerned that is making it up.

Why would I think this? Because I heard about the same thing recently from someone else. They took a Pass App and the driver drove to a place where people were on the ready to try and steal his phone. The driver called for help, the "help" arrived and did a drive-by attack throwing items.

The other story I know is true, the person did not lose their phone, money or anything else. Got away and made it home so no reason to make it up.

Very easy for me to believe this happened to Kieran as well. I just can't tie in the drug planting as it seems illogical.

Kieran, can you please pursue this with PassApp? And let us know the response? Given I have now heard this twice in under a week I think people need to go after them.
steve.sheps
Tourist
Vietnam

Re: KIERAN THOMAS GAJRAJ Arrested for Drunken Shouting, No Passport

Post by steve.sheps »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:32 pm Looks like he's the head of Mathematics at Golden Gate American School in Phnom Penh:

Would explain why they where recently looking for a new maths teacher
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

steve.sheps wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 pm Would explain why they where recently looking for a new maths teacher
That's interesting steve.sheps

Could you post a link to the job advert?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Where they now?

:dm:
steve.sheps
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by steve.sheps »

Brody wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:08 pm
steve.sheps wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 pm Would explain why they where recently looking for a new maths teacher

I can only post screenshots regarding my interview on monday and lesson demo for them on thursday for the teaching position.i cannot remember where i saw it advertised
steve.sheps
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by steve.sheps »

steve.sheps wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:28 pm

I can only post screenshots regarding my interview on monday and lesson demo for them on thursday for the teaching position.i cannot remember where i saw it advertised
And Veasna who is in the group photo was my interviewer and observer in the math teaching lesson
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

steve.sheps wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:30 pm

And Veasna who is in the group photo was my interviewer and observer in the math teaching lesson
Did you get the job?
steve.sheps
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by steve.sheps »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Did you get the job?
Unfortunatly not
steve.sheps
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by steve.sheps »

steve.sheps wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:37 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Did you get the job?
Unfortunatly not
I would post the screenshots if someone tells me how.
I have no idea if the vacant position was due to this incident. It hust ties in with the dates and Veasna told me they had lost a staff member recently.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic