British man,CHRISTOPHER LIAM DUNNE, 31, Dies in Riverside Guesthouse, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: British man,CHRISTOPHER LIAM DUNNE, 31, Dies in Riverside Guesthouse, Phnom Penh

Post by davegorman »

jaggop wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:28 pm
davegorman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:05 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:45 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:29 pm Georgia has started a GoFundMe to raise £3,000 to bring Chris Dunne's body back from Cambodia, although the GoFundMe says he died in Thailand.
Weird. Is the family embarrassed he was in Cambodia? Sometimes when people ask me where I'm going on vacation I say "Um, Asia" and then I quickly change the subject.
Weird.
Is there any way you guys could just accept that a family is in grief and not be total dicks about it? Asking for a friend... Chris mainly travelled to Thailand, did a dash to Cambodia, his girlfriend got robbed, they had to stay a little longer. There are reasons. Try for once to show a tiny bit of respect and not draw conclusions out your asses.
My comment was directed at cav nivag for his weird comment.

RIP.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: British man,CHRISTOPHER LIAM DUNNE, 31, Dies in Riverside Guesthouse, Phnom Penh

Post by frank lee bent »

post moved to darknet
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:02 pm post moved to darknet
For what reason
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the sake of the family's feelings.
jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by jaggop »

davegorman wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 am My comment was directed at cav nivag for his weird comment.

RIP.
Yeah, sorry guys, I got a little bit carried away; just home from Chris' funeral and wake when I wrote. (I'm not related, just the hostel owner).
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

[Mod edit: Deleted.]
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Kellyd1985
Tourist

Post by Kellyd1985 »

davegorman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:05 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:45 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:29 pm Georgia has started a GoFundMe to raise £3,000 to bring Chris Dunne's body back from Cambodia, although the GoFundMe says he died in Thailand.
Weird. Is the family embarrassed he was in Cambodia? Sometimes when people ask me where I'm going on vacation I say "Um, Asia" and then I quickly change the subject.
Weird.
No not embarrassed we simply just got it wrong as he travelled from the UK to Thailand then travelled on to Cambodia. Does that clear it up for you?
Debval
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Debval »

Chris is my son and we are having a hard time understanding how this happened. He was travelling with his long term partner who had met someone else and kept disappearing for days at a time. The dorm he was in the night he died was full so how did he have a’heart attack’ without anyone knowing?! I’m devastated. She is still in Phnom Penh though the boyfriend has been deported. I find it all very difficult to understand. I can’t help but wonder what role she played in this,
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Debval wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 pm Chris is my son and we are having a hard time understanding how this happened. He was travelling with his long term partner who had met someone else and kept disappearing for days at a time. The dorm he was in the night he died was full so how did he have a’heart attack’ without anyone knowing?! I’m devastated. She is still in Phnom Penh though the boyfriend has been deported. I find it all very difficult to understand. I can’t help but wonder what role she played in this,
Emotional trauma following the breakup of a long term relationship. In a country where over the counter medication is both cheap and easily available, coupled with an availability of various street drugs could spell disaster for a man on a bender drowning his sorrows.
I doubt the ex-girlfriend was involved though the name of the boyfriend would be of interest to see if his deportation has been reported on this forum and for what reason. It’s a bit of a stretch though to think they were involved though you never know. But, as I said, a name would help.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Debval wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 pm Chris is my son and we are having a hard time understanding how this happened. He was travelling with his long term partner who had met someone else and kept disappearing for days at a time. The dorm he was in the night he died was full so how did he have a’heart attack’ without anyone knowing?! I’m devastated. She is still in Phnom Penh though the boyfriend has been deported. I find it all very difficult to understand. I can’t help but wonder what role she played in this,
As a general rule, Cambodian police respond to the site of the foreigner's death, and if the room is full of drugs and needles and drug paraphernalia they say "drug overdose."

And if the room is not full of drugs and and needles and drug paraphernalia and there isn't obvious evidence of foul play, they say "heart attack."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic