Hotels in the redlight districts of Phnom Penh, Cambodia?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Hotels in the redlight districts of pp

Post by phuketrichard »

ronadurante wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:23 pm City is a dump, I'm at the hometown hotel. I'm on a bus tomorrow, what a waste of a trip.
Any western food in this area?
walk across the street to the blue dolphin
or take a right out of the hotel and walk to the corner where u see a cyclo hanging, take a right and go lonestar
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

ronadurante wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:23 pm City is a dump, I'm at the hometown hotel. I'm on a bus tomorrow, what a waste of a trip.
Dear Dickweed. You have come to holiday in a developing Asian country and you are dissappointed with it not being like "home" and you are looking for western food?

Why did you leave home?
Have you tried any asian food?
Have you talked to anyone here?
Hometown on 172 is surrounded by western food places .

Good to see you are moving on as we don't need whinging dickheads =@ =@
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Arget wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:38 pm
Dear Dickweed. You have come to holiday in a developing Asian country and you are dissappointed with it not being like "home" and you are looking for western food?

Why did you leave home?
Have you tried any asian food?
Have you talked to anyone here?
Hometown on 172 is surrounded by western food places .

Good to see you are moving on as we don't need whinging dickheads =@ =@
But is there a KFC or Mac D there ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Hotels in the redlight districts of Phnom Penh, Cambodia?

Post by Arget »

They said food not crap.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

City is a dump! Why, did you think they’d sleep with you for money because of your looks?
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

'City is a dump' of course it is but who cares about that when theres free weed , chicks and cheap booze !
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Give it a couple more more days. K.O.W grows on you slowly, like a cactus.

Before you know it, you'd wake one day, burping Jameson, and realize you've spent the last 7 years here...

for a reason you can barely remember. So...

if you want to leave

flee right away, before she gets to you as well.

Welcome! :dm:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

It continues to amaze me that many (most?) barangs come here (tourists and expats alike) and can't seem to get out of their home food.

I've always thought that one of the key attractions of visiting/living in an exotic asian country is to enjoy the local cuisine.. And it's not like khmer food is for many a challenge like perhaps thai food which is generally pretty chilli hot for westerners. Even at a fundamental level many expats I know seem to be averse to even eating rice as a starter...only bread/pasta/potatoes good for them..very limiting.

Go to places like Larrys, Lonestar, Garage bar, Brooklyn pizza, Cadillac (albeit managed by Irishman), Rising Sun et al and many american with brits and aussies thrown in. Go to french restaurants and its the same..mainly frogs. Chinese the same. A lot of brits go indian but that colonial hangover..

Why are ppl so stuck and not flexible? I just think they are missing out on a lot imo. I'm not advocating fully converting to asian/khmer food but personally the attraction for me here is the multitude of cuisines and I like to mix it up.

Anyway that's my rant for the day..
ronadurante
Tourist

Post by ronadurante »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
time is never wasted if youre wasted all the time
True, I found street 130, it's all good now.
I think I read somewhere if you walk down to the promenade theres tons of freelancers, true?
I hate going through the whole lady drink and barfine scene
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

ofparadise wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:44 pm
Give it a couple more more days. K.O.W grows on you slowly, like a cactus.

Before you know it, you'd wake one day, burping Jameson, and realize you've spent the last 7 years here...

for a reason you can barely remember. So...

if you want to leave

flee right away, before she gets to you as well.

Welcome! :dm:

And always remember
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic