Brexit deal has been reached

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Brexit deal has been reached

Post by cptrelentless »

If the EU was still a trade organisation the UK would not have voted to leave. It's become a political entity but run by people over whom nobody has any control. Who voted for Juncker? Nobody. The people in Luxembourg voted him out of office because he was a crooked alcoholic. Who voted for Tusk? Nobody. The party he used to lead in Poland is getting its arse handed to it by the right wing. And Barnier is a French Gaullist, you remember, the chap who didn't want Britain to join the EEC but ended up becoming Germany's poodle anyhow. Nobody voted for these people yet they make all the decisions. That's why Brexit happened. So they just want to try and punish the UK to dissuade anyone else from leaving. We eat all of Cyprus's hummus, drink all of France's champage, drive all of Germany's hairdresser cars and consume all of Italy's spaghetti. Everyone knew what they were voting for and most likely more of them would vote Brexit now than before, so it's ridiculous to even consider a second referendum. The political landscape in Britain now is going to force a no deal, it's too polarised to get any other result. It seems highly unlikely this version will be voted through in December.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Quote:""Who voted for Juncker? Nobody. The people in Luxembourg voted him out of office because he was a crooked alcoholic. Who voted for Tusk? Nobody.""

Did the British people vote for May as PM?
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Just a few choice quotes to recall from Brexiteer leaders.
1, Agreeing a free trade agreements with the EU should be " One of the easiest in human history "
Liam Fox July 2017
2, In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way
Nigel Farage May 2016
3, " Brexit was war " We won "
Arron Banks April 2017
4, The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want
Michael Gove April 2016
5, Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy, the UK holds most of the cards
John Redwood July 2016
6, " If we vote to leave the UK will become stronger "
Michael Gove May 2016
7, It will be easy to negotiate a trade deal with the EU when we leave
Paul Nutall UK leader January 2017
8, If a democracy cannot change it's mind, it ceases to be a democracy
David Davis February 2012
I could quote more, but I will bore you no more.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:13 pm Germany's hairdresser cars
LOL. For the man, mustache and moccasins with tassels.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

YORKIE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:37 pm Just a few choice quotes to recall from Brexiteer leaders.
1, Agreeing a free trade agreements with the EU should be " One of the easiest in human history "
Liam Fox July 2017
2, In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way
Nigel Farage May 2016
3, " Brexit was war " We won "
Arron Banks April 2017
4, The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want
Michael Gove April 2016
5, Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy, the UK holds most of the cards
John Redwood July 2016
6, " If we vote to leave the UK will become stronger "
Michael Gove May 2016
7, It will be easy to negotiate a trade deal with the EU when we leave
Paul Nutall UK leader January 2017
8, If a democracy cannot change it's mind, it ceases to be a democracy
David Davis February 2012
I could quote more, but I will bore you no more.
:plus1: Looks like it's not only Theresa May that is delusional, she is in good company! :D

Her speech yesterday announcing that the Cabinet backs the Brexit draft deal is on par with the speech made by the British PM Neville Chamberlain, 80 years ago when he stood outside number ten Downing Street and said:

"My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honor. I believe it is "peace for our time." Go home and get a nice quiet sleep :lol:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:13 pm If the EU was still a trade organisation the UK would not have voted to leave. It's become a political entity but run by people over whom nobody has any control. Who voted for Juncker? Nobody. The people in Luxembourg voted him out of office because he was a crooked alcoholic. Who voted for Tusk? Nobody. The party he used to lead in Poland is getting its arse handed to it by the right wing. And Barnier is a French Gaullist, you remember, the chap who didn't want Britain to join the EEC but ended up becoming Germany's poodle anyhow. Nobody voted for these people yet they make all the decisions. That's why Brexit happened. So they just want to try and punish the UK to dissuade anyone else from leaving. We eat all of Cyprus's hummus, drink all of France's champage, drive all of Germany's hairdresser cars and consume all of Italy's spaghetti. Everyone knew what they were voting for and most likely more of them would vote Brexit now than before, so it's ridiculous to even consider a second referendum. The political landscape in Britain now is going to force a no deal, it's too polarised to get any other result. It seems highly unlikely this version will be voted through in December.
Stop playing the victim. UK politicians fucked up from day one, hell, they even fucked up before the referendum, the EU had to do nothing to punish the UK. Their politicians punished the UK more than the EU ever could.

And everyone knew what they were voting for ah? Exit, yes, That part was clear. But after the exit what? Nobody ever has thought about the issues they're struggling with now. I am shocked by their incompetence, day after day.

For instance that Raab guy. Was with the negotiations for months. Never resigned while doing that work, silent all the time, and 12 hours after May discussed the outcome (his outcome too) he stabs May in the back by resigning. My god, if you work with people like that you don't need enemies for sure. What a boneless loser.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Sidewalker wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 pm Quote:""Who voted for Juncker? Nobody. The people in Luxembourg voted him out of office because he was a crooked alcoholic. Who voted for Tusk? Nobody.""

You don't vote for PM, you vote for your own MP. Then the party votes for leader. Not quite the same as directly voting for a President and then the loser winning.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:49 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 pm Quote:""Who voted for Juncker? Nobody. The people in Luxembourg voted him out of office because he was a crooked alcoholic. Who voted for Tusk? Nobody.""

You don't vote for PM, you vote for your own MP. Then the party votes for leader. Not quite the same as directly voting for a President and then the loser winning.
bulla bulla (a nice word for, you now what I mean) :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

If I were to ask you guy's,how many hours did David Davis spend in Brussels as Chief Negotiation Secretary for Brexit ?. What would your answer be ?. 500, 2,000, 6,500, 700 1,000 What ?.
I spent a couple of hours ' believing in Brexit ' last night. Really put a shift in. Crossed fingers, prayed a little and concentrated really hard. But nothing changed. It's still a almighty shitshow. Not giving up though. Tonight, I'm believing really hard that I'm going to win the lottery. Then It's Beers on me. By the way David Davis spent a grand total of 4 Hours in Brussels in November 2017. I kid you not. 4 FUCKIN HOURS. Not false news check it out. :o :o :o :o :please: :please: :please: :please:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic