Brexit deal has been reached

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Brexit deal has been reached

Post by Sidewalker »

Brexit deal: NIO Minister of State Shailesh Vara resigns.
See: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-46219496
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab also resigns. Who's next?
See: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46219495
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Two more cabinet members quit (see the link above)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Watching the debate live and I reckon May will be gone before the end of the week.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

hanno wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 pm Watching the debate live and I reckon May will be gone before the end of the week.
Me too, they made a pretty mess of the Brexit, May will have a hard time to survive.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

Sidewalker wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 pm
hanno wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 pm Watching the debate live and I reckon May will be gone before the end of the week.
Me too, they made a pretty mess of the Brexit, May will have a hard time to survive.
You have to wonder who has been advising her, no one is happy about this apart from the EU.
I never thought the referendum would be won by the leave side but when it was for the Conservatives to appoint a fervent remain campaigner as leader seemed a bizzare decision. They have brought this upon themselves and have paved the way for chairman Jeremy.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

The whole mess started with a power struggle between two Eton schoolboys, Boris Johnson (leave) who likes to be the new PM and PM David Cameron (remain). David Cameron made the mistake of his live to agree with a referendum. De rest is history. I found this cartoon about Brexit:
Last edited by Sidewalker on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

We were in a lucrative, but sometimes tense partnership. We demanded to fight our business partners. They sighed and reluctantly climbed into the ring with us. We proceeded to beat ourselves into a fuckin pulp,while they stood in the corner looking embarrassed. Jacob Rees Mogg and the rest, of the UK elite need to pause for a moment, and consider how we currently look to the rest of the world. It's not the despair that gets you, it's the hope.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jim Gil wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:26 pm You have to wonder who has been advising her, no one is happy about this apart from the EU.
I don't believe the EU are happy about it at all, they are pissed off that one of their toughest members has decided to leave the team. However I am pretty sure they are enjoying the schadenfreude because they hold a whole lot of the cards and call the shots as far as trade agreements go. The UK at the moment seems to me to be a clueless and leaderless entity stumbling blindly towards disaster. It's a shame because I want better for a country I have a whole lot of affection for.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 pm
Jim Gil wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:26 pm You have to wonder who has been advising her, no one is happy about this apart from the EU.
I don't believe the EU are happy about it at all, they are pissed off that one of their toughest members has decided to leave the team. However I am pretty sure they are enjoying the schadenfreude because they hold a whole lot of the cards and call the shots as far as trade agreements go. The UK at the moment seems to me to be a clueless and leaderless entity stumbling blindly towards disaster. It's a shame because I want better for a country I have a whole lot of affection for.
Yes agreed, i certainly take no pleasure in this debacle.
I meant happy in as much as this kind of deal that UK government has brokered is so poor that it will quash any ideas that countries such as Italy or Greece may have of even suggesting they may leave next time they try to stand up to Brussels.
France and Germany have demonstrated that they have an iron grip on Wesrern Europe and i don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic