HUGE Changes for Tourist Visa to Thailand (unlimited land border crossings, etc)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: HUGE Changes for Tourist Visa to Thailand (unlimited land border crossings, etc)

Post by Beerinthemorning »

thailand has visa skitzophrenia.
steevee
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: HUGE Changes for Tourist Visa to Thailand (unlimited land border crossings, etc)

Post by steevee »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 pm Image
So does this mean that you don't need any longer a re-entry stamp for Thailand?
If you have a one year visa extension in Thailand and you left the country you needed this stamp or you would loose your one year extension.
or when a foreigner has a visa for Thailand, can he go now to Cambodia without a new visa?
:crazy: :crazy:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

nothing to do with us on long term extensions, ( if ur on a 1 year extension u still need a re entry permit to leave and return and not lose ur extensions.)
only TOURISTS re entry, which means ur allowed back in till that visa expires OR get a free 30 day visa exempt by land or flight Unlimited.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
steevee
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by steevee »

thanks Richard,
I hoped I would save on my re-entry stamps, but it seems that you are right,
only for tourist visas.
some wishful thinking from me,...
tathom
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by tathom »

Yesterday I went to Thailand via Had Lek / Koh Kong on my second visa exemption this year (by car, which is fine, if you have a Cambodian registration in your name).

Asking about new rules regarding visa exemption, the stamping official told me they had not been implemented yet. He added that he himself was in favour of the new rules, but had to wait for the government to change (them).
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the ONLY new regulation that has been implemented is Visa free VOA's for those that need a visa .
no decision on the unlimited visa exempt land border crossings for 55 countries
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Not sure how many tourists leave bookings until the last minute but if this proposed change was designed to boost flagging numbers for the high season then I think they've missed that boat given it hasn't actually been approved. Reversing a visa policy that the Thai immigration seem to have spent the last few years strenuously clamping down on is maybe regarded as the easiest fix to make up the shortfall, but the harder issues such as tourist safety, the strong currency and improved competition from neighbours noticeably Vietnam surely need to be addressed if they want to continue to increase numbers or at least maintain the current level of visitors.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
steevee
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by steevee »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 pm Image
according to rule number 3:

expatriates who work in neighbouring countries???????
Does this mean that expats with a Cambodian work permit could visit Thailand without limitations??????
all very confusing to me,.... :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic