HUGE Changes for Tourist Visa to Thailand (unlimited land border crossings, etc)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: HUGE Changes for Tourist Visa to Thailand (unlimited land border crossings, etc)

Post by ExPenhMan »

In the Bangkok Post story, Chinese arrivals have plunged from month to month during the latest four-month period. September and October Chinese arrivals fell in the crapper by 14% and 19% from last year.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/to ... raws-added
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: HUGE Changes for Tourist Visa to Thailand (unlimited land border crossings, etc)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:13 am In the Bangkok Post story, Chinese arrivals have plunged from month to month during the latest four-month period. September and October Chinese arrivals fell in the crapper by 14% and 19% from last year.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/to ... raws-added
theyre all in Sino-Ville
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: wow; HUGE changes for tourist visa to Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:10 pm Good, I hope it encourages more desperadoes to stay in Thailand and do all that stupid shit they excel at.
ch
Brilliant, I will never understand why you and Phuket Richard are so blinkered outside your comfort zone. You completely ignore all the negative stories on your own doorstep and focus on other areas negatives. You 2 should meet up for a beer, you've got so much. in common
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Kammekor wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:27 pm So now I might choose to go to Trat for a touch of Macro, perhaps every second week, with no problem?
Too good!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Just too good to be true ah?

Let's summarize the news:
Cabinet agreed in principle
review and offer relaxation
three types of visas
two-month pilot period
starting period will be determined
after studies

I hope you didn't book your bus for tomorrow.
After a pilot period comes what?
And I dont book the bus, just hop on it when I'm across the border.
Still looks good to me!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 am
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:10 pm Good, I hope it encourages more desperadoes to stay in Thailand and do all that stupid shit they excel at.
ch
Brilliant, I will never understand why you and Phuket Richard are so blinkered outside your comfort zone. You completely ignore all the negative stories on your own doorstep and focus on other areas negatives. You 2 should meet up for a beer, you've got so much. in common
well lets hear YOUR COMMENTS from Pattaya,( where you live) u always are quick to go after others but u never contribute anything

What am i ignoring;
Postponement of future elections
corruption is up
food prices are up
baht is strong
Chinese tourism down, ( after the deaths of 52 of them in the boats off phuket)
millions of Burmese, & Cambodians flock to Thailand to work
new regulations regarding embassy letters
Bombings an killings continue in the south
Cars /motorcycles sales up creating more traffic
Tourism to hit 37 million this year, (maybe)
and this post, ( BTW which is very positive) for all
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

One thing that sticks in my mind was the train I took from South Thailand arriving in Bangkok.
The areas we passed thru on the way to hualampon station were appalling.
The sight of people living next to black rivers filled with the worse ever Stinking sewerage was horrible.
It really dented my opinion quite a bit. I thought Thailand had stuff like that in control.
:shock:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It seems like a smart initiative, other countries like here and Vietnam should implement similar schemes.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

:rulez:

But only 2 months...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:55 pm :rulez:

But only 2 months...
trail;
i bet if they do place it in effect, it will remain in effect.
Wont really help much now anyway as i bet 85% ++of the tourists coming in the next 2 months already have their tickets, routes, hotels an visas.
BUT it might encourage some of them to visit a neighboring country as the can easily return to Thailand and they will get shopping discounts!!

AS to Chinese tourists, their still number one

The Deputy Director of the Phuket Tourism Authority of Thailand, Montri Manator, says, “Numbers of Chinese tourists visiting Phuket in tour groups have been continuing to decrease after the Phoenix sinking on July 5 this year.”

“On the other hand, Chinese tourists who are visiting Phuket by themselves, called FIT groups (Free and Independent Travellers), has not decreased. They are continuing to visit Phuket in high numbers.
“These are Chinese tourists who book their own holidays, decide which hotel to stay at, where to eat and where to visit.
“They are the second generation of Chinese tourists and are high spenders.
“Last month there are more than 120,000 Chinese tourists, which is still the number one foreign group of tourists who are visiting Phuket.”
https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/chin ... -to-phuket
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic