American Expat PAUL WOODY PETREA Dies of Cancer in Battambang, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Toxic Turtle
Expatriate
Venezuela

Re: American with History of Violence against Women Dies of Cancer in Battambang

Post by Toxic Turtle »

I'm just happy to be here and thankful that we all have this opportunity together to shun this man for his wrong doings, frown on him, and now that he's dead other than a moment of silence lets each talk about how we'd never or have never harmed a woman or prostitute in Asia, and that abusing prostitutes verbally does not constitute abuse.

It is very amusing how "top bloke" comments don't hurt the feelings of regulars here, and aren't considered spam. How do I get an application to enter this circle?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American with History of Violence against Women Dies of Cancer in Battambang

Post by Brody »

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"How do I get an application to enter this circle?"

You're lucky to be here at all, even on the periphery.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

taabarang wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:14 pm "How do I get an application to enter this circle?"

You're lucky to be here at all, even on the periphery.
Detoxing treatment doesn't always work.. :whip:
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Toxic Turtle wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:17 pm lets each talk about how we'd never or have never harmed a woman or prostitute in Asia, and that abusing prostitutes verbally does not constitute abuse.
Ok.... I have never harmed a woman ( a prostitute is also a woman- to me they are) and I see no reason to abuse them verbally or otherwise................

What else is there to talk about??????????????????????? =@
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

To be fair “top bloke” is an insiders joke here. Some in Sihanoukville defended offenders by calling them top blokes. One was a powerful Mafia chap from Melbourne who died at the beach “top bloke” some said.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:42 pm To be fair “top bloke” is an insiders joke here. Some in Sihanoukville defended offenders by calling them top blokes. One was a powerful Mafia "LMFAO here" chap from Melbourne who died at the beach “top bloke” some said.
Neither of them (Nick or Paul) were murderers or rapists or child molesters. I treat people as they treat me. Both treated me and my wife well and everyone else that knew them in Sihanoukville well. Both were top blokes in my opinion and in the opinion of most people over here who met them.
[Admin Edit: let it go! thanks.]
That's my last word on this thread.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Hotdigr wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:00 pm
Ok, fair enough admin.
THAT is my last word on this thread!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

those who delight in defaming the dead through hearsay say more about themselves than the object of their ignorant derision.
lots of blameless people collect stalkers.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Hotdigr wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:00 pm
Ok, fair enough admin.
Just to make it clear but, your edit had nothing to do with my comment about Nick and Paul or this particular thread. It had to do with [Admin Edit: as previously advised].

That IS my last word on this thread!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic