Vigilante with stick threatens motos riding wrong way against traffic.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Vigilante with stick threatens motos riding wrong way against traffic.

Post by Kayve »

LegenD. :hattip:
Don't forget the water buffalo
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

I dont see any particular problem with going up the wrong side of the road as long as you keep well in .
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Are we sure he is not the police. At 2:50 he is significantly outnumbered. But he is a big guy.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

sklmeera wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm I dont see any particular problem with going up the wrong side of the road as long as you keep well in .
What? What about pedestrians or people coming out of the shops? It is just frickin laziness.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Tbh some of the traffic measures here don’t make a lot of sense. There are a couple of places I would go against the flow for 50m as the alternative is a long ride.

The concrete barriers are largely a good thing but the no U-turn on the breaks of most of them are a pain in the ass.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He's sure dressed like traffic swine.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

cambo swa wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:01 pm
sklmeera wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm I dont see any particular problem with going up the wrong side of the road as long as you keep well in .
What? What about pedestrians or people coming out of the shops? It is just frickin laziness.
Sorry but this is a big pissing point for me. I try to walk to most places if I can and I go facing on-coming traffic because if I am going to die I want to see it coming. But I have been hit/bumped multiple times (not seriously yet but bruised) by these lazy bastards coming up behind me going the wrong way. Ok, I am finished.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

cambo swa wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:19 pm
Sorry but this is a big pissing point for me. I try to walk to most places if I can and I go facing on-coming traffic because if I am going to die I want to see it coming. But I have been hit/bumped multiple times (not seriously yet but bruised) by these lazy bastards coming up behind me going the wrong way. Ok, I am finished.
I'm a walker as well and have been hit by motos from behind going the wrong way and it pisses me off as well. It's enough having to contend with parked cars and bikes pulling in and out ignoring your existence completely or walking around street stalls and carts, plastic tables and chairs, impromptu board/floor games, holes, sewers....
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

What ? Its a road . They just have to look before they try and cross .
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

What ? Its a road . They just have to look before they try and cross . I bet the so called vigilante isnt even stopping them for that reason . Why would he ? Its just normal driving here !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic