Pictures of Barang Beaten Outside Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Pictures of Barang Beaten by Security Guards at Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Lol at which country has the hardest bouncers
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Pictures of Barang Beaten by Security Guards at Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

Post by Hotdigr »

Brody wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm and then you go all argy-bargy about which country has the most badass bouncers, what are you 12?
You missed my point and I wasn't the one that brought up bad arse bouncers.

"To your question - in my european city the bouncers in most clubs are members of a well known motorcycle club.
Guess where you come from they are social workers in their second job."

Maybe your English comprehension skills need some work ay.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 pm I wasn't the one that brought up bad arse bouncers.
Yes you were.........ay!
Hotdigr wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:19 pm do that in a pub in Oz and the bouncers would put you in intensive care.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

takeoman wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:09 am From Facebook, of course:

"News just coming in of a barang customer badly beaten at Intoxica bar by their security guys. Don’t know what he did..."

Him looking a bloody mess:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage

You're lucky this isn't the good old US, as if it was the Intoxica security guy's lawyers would be filing for defamation and demanding massive damages. Image
I'll update the title as more info comes in, but I don't think there is much of a defamation case either way.

I hope we hear from the bloody Barang!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Pictures of Barang Beaten Outside Intoxica Bar on Street 130, Phnom Penh

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the bouncers in Oz are just Jacked up bogans 👀
the days of the real tough bouncers are long gone
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

In the place I worked for a very long time, the security was a hired company. This was essential because if security would have been on the club's payroll an incident like that could have triggered the closure of the business. Security had no law enforcement qualities and were legally nothing more than anyone else. They could only enforce the directives of the owner without becoming violent, in theory. There was always a grey zone and that let to several court cases. By the way, the times bikers and especially those being members of a club are allowed to be bouncers are long over where I come from. Nobody would hire them and local police would have a friendly chat with any club owner disagreeing. Bikers are at best admitted as guests if they leave their club outfit at home. If not they are treated like other minor and sent home.

If the victim misbehaved it would have been a case for the police to decide and maybe a judge later on. A bar owner is neither judge nor executioner and nobody gives up his rights by entering a bar or club. If staff of the bar attacked, the owner is implicated as well and fully liable.

For all third parties the simple truth remains - avoid that place.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: SO the bar are saying he did not pay the bill,well known for padding is INTOXICA,so they set mitzi muller on him.Bar girls i trust em as far as i can throw them.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

So we slice people in the throat now for not paying a minor bar tab? Is him having an argument supposed to change my mind? People have arguments all the time. Their job is to secure and this is not it.

“In Australia”, “in America”, “in China” snore!
Last edited by fax on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

A couple of years ago the opposite happened across the road. Big man Taco Bill thought he needn’t pay the bill. They had an “argument” and Taco Billy smashed a glass in the owner’s face. They had 360 degree Matrix style audio recordings on Soundcloud detailing the event. It’s a classic! “She wan boom boom yooou in tha caaaaaaaaaaar”

There was an argument! In Australia he could call the police for the padded bill! He’s such a brave man Taco Bill. They can hire him as Intoxica bouncer?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

fax wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 am A couple of years ago the opposite happened across the road. Big man Taco Bill thought he needn’t pay the bill. They had an “argument” and Taco Billy smashed a glass in the owner’s face. They had 360 degree Matrix style audio recordings on Soundcloud detailing the event. It’s a classic! “She wan boom boom yooou in tha caaaaaaaaaaar”

There was an argument! In Australia he could call the police for the padded bill! He’s such a brave man Taco Bill. They can hire him as Intoxica bouncer?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic