Filipino Chick Claims Barang Bosses Asked Her Husband to Strip

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Filipino Chick Claims Barang Bosses Asked Her Husband to Strip

Post by prahocalypse now »

A chick who looks about 10 years old, who I think is from the Philippines, claims that the barang owners of a Kep resort, which promotes itself as gay-friendly and adult-only, forced her husband to strip and "go home naked". She says she wants them to be fined and have their work permits cancelled.

From the Kampot noticboard:
Filipino Chick:
to
Kampot Noticeboard

to the admin of this group i would like to ask permission to post this as i want to share the fair share of experience my husband had working for this hotel XXXXX XXX XXXXXX. This is for the peoples awareness and to have an idea on what is going on behind the curtains.

a proof that they treat their staff as shit. they asked my husband to go home naked because they refuse to give him his salary. Barang#1 and Barang#2 you don't deserve to have a hard working employee. you treat them as slaves. you deceive them and lie to them face to face and you degrade and strip them of off their right as an employee.

I will not stop here. I will fight for this until you pay a big fine or lose your permit as you do not only do this to foreigner staff but also to khmer locals.

this is mike facing the humiliation head on. he is a good person but you abused him and i will make sure that you get what you deserve.
Victim

Victim in nice hat

Filipino chick

Weirdo barang boss

Other Barang boss
Last edited by prahocalypse now on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Filipino Chick Claims Barang Bosses Forced Her Husband to Strip

The victim posted this on facebook:
It is really sad that I got treated this way. We weren't informed about their sudden change of policy to give us half of our salary for last month this coming pay day and the other half a week after. They know that I had plans for this month that's why I resigned. I rendered 2 months to help them out and now they treat me this way. I hope that you get to see my experience with them and I hope this helps you be aware of how things work in the hotel and help you asses if it's worth it to apply for a job and work for them.

When asked why he is wearing shorts in the photo and isn't actually naked, he wrote:
I wore company uniform t-shirt and a short but I refuse to have my photo taken without my shorts on as I was already humiliated and I don't want to be dragged with posting a picture of me with no clothes on. My last day was supposed to be on the 11th but due to them refusing to pay me right I decided to tell them I will stop now and won't come to work the next day and they asked for the uniform back right there knowing that I have no clothes to use going home. Good thing my friend helped me and lended me a short going home.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

So he refused to finish his work, they asked for his work-clothes, he accuse them of forcing him to strip down.

Pathetic. Of him and his GF ofc. Thinking they have some sort of special rights, to what? Wearing a companys clothes you refuse to work for?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Waaaah waaaaaah didn’t they make him crawl too? He was only standing for the photo. Pathetic.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

And if anyone should have been stripping, it shouldn't have been the dude.

Seriously, I've worked with quite a few Flippers; they are high-strung drama queens.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

I don't know whether or not the Filipino chick's story is 100% true, but in my opinion it's a bit rapey for two old gay white guys to force a young Asian man to strip. If they tried that in Finland, they'd get knifed.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I think given the recent outcry over calling prc citizens chinks, we will also no longer be able to use the term flips or flippers as it derives from a USA GI acronym "Fucking Little Island People"
Old White Men seems to be still encouraged though.
Please comply.
That is all.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

The Filipina didn’t say they forced him to strip. She says they asked him, and he did. The headline of the thread uses the word forced but that doesn’t seem accurate
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

The mods can change the title if they wish.

I can't change it.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote:The Filipina didn’t say they forced him to strip. She says they asked him, and he did. The headline of the thread uses the word forced but that doesn’t seem accurate
What was his other option? Steal the uniform?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic