Can the mods put a cap on this?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Can the mods put a cap on this?

Post by TOG »

Hotdigr wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:46 pm
TOG wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm .....555
That makes no sense over here in Cambodia. It is a Thai thing only. Same as someone saying " Namaste". its an Indian thing only. Only try hards say it.
That's almost as bad as saying don't use LOL. It all depends how which language you speak/converse in and 555 is universally accepted throughout Asia although originally the Chinese used it as "crying - wu wu" they have gradually accepted it as ha ha. Same as the Cantonese number 8 (baat) is universally used for good luck. . Many of my Cambodean associates use it in their texts.

However, If you do not travel much you may not be exposed to the way others use these expressions. Travel a bit more, It may expand your understanding of life.

On the other hand, if you are trying to get a cheap shot in by calling me a "try hard", you will have to work much harder. Morphine is a great pacifier. 555
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Sidewalker wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:19 pm
TOG wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm
fax wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm Put a cap in this
You simply don't have the money.....555
No money for what? Showing a big ass on this forum? :beer3:
I am sure you can find many more interesting posts to discuss rather than copying hotdgr by trying to get in a cheap shot. Situation normal, the children are home from school.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TOG wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:46 pm
TOG wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm .....555
That makes no sense over here in Cambodia. It is a Thai thing only. Same as someone saying " Namaste". its an Indian thing only. Only try hards say it.
That's almost as bad as saying don't use LOL. It all depends how which language you speak/converse in and 555 is universally accepted throughout Asia although originally the Chinese used it as "crying - wu wu" they have gradually accepted it as ha ha. Same as the Cantonese number 8 (baat) is universally used for good luck. . Many of my Cambodean associates use it in their texts.

However, If you do not travel much you may not be exposed to the way others use these expressions. Travel a bit more, It may expand your understanding of life.

On the other hand, if you are trying to get a cheap shot in by calling me a "try hard", you will have to work much harder. Morphine is a great pacifier. 555
tbh i dont see any harm in it, ive done it once or twice on here, me and my mates use it a lot as 555 is far quicker than typing ha ha ha, if someone doesnt understand who gives?

and yeah Cambodians use "168" absolutely everywhere and its a Chinese thing
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Someone can unlock this drivel later if they see fit. To me it seems embarrassing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic