Can the mods put a cap on this?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Can the mods put a cap on this?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Seriously, :crazy: if you have a complaint to make about the forum, then speak out. Either the other members will back you, or nobody gives a shit and you're on your own. You'll see. The mods will pay attention if enough people are having problems with the same thing/poster. Majority rules. :mob:

But we are supposed to be a self-censoring forum, so it's up to you all to report or comment on problems. All members have a say in the direction of the forum. Mods get the final call, but don't expect them to do all the nannying.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hotdigr wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:30 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:05 pm Admin and mods are not editors.
Hmmmm. while I agree with you in theory, that's not quite how it is and you know it mate. I had a "mod edit" on one of my posts only 2 days ago because I called someone a dickhead. Seriously? He shouldn't be posting on a big boys forum if he can't handle that low level of abuse. Actually, I very much doubt you guys got a PM about it tbh. Being brought up an Ozzie, we don't believe in being dogs (snitches in the 'murican vernacular) and you won't see any PM's from me if someone is "nasty and mean and just,,,well,,,,just SO UNKIND to me" because I'm not a fukn snowflake. The ONLY reason there should be a mod edit to a comment is if there is a complaint (PM) from the little snowflake who finds they can't really hack it with the big boys and then the edit should include a comment along the lines of "the little snowflake you were nasty and mean to was offended enough to send me a PM". Doesn't work that way but and you know it.You guys edit whenever you feel like it and there is no consistency to what is edited.
Speaking of snowflakes, are you ok? You've mentioned it 3 times now, so I'm sorry if I caused any hurt.

I know you have this persona that you are sooooo big and bad, and words cannot hurt you, but, if memory serves me correctly, people have said things to you online that have hurt you so much that you have resorted to the ol 'come say that to my face, lets fight, etc...'

So I think in your mind you are some huge dude that is hard as nails, but in reality, you easily get offended by words online and feel the need to tell people to meet up in real life to duke it out. And again, you make it sound like snowflakes are the problem, but is deleting your flaming really that big a deal to a tough guy like you? You are trying to make it sound like you merely included the word 'dickhead,' but I recall it was a bit more than that. I guess I wrongly assumed you were a big enough boy to say, 'meh, I don't agree with editing my post, but I'm a big boy' and move on.

Sounds like you think we would have a good community if it were overrun with a bunch of hot-tempered hotdiggers that were flaming left and right until they finally decided to meet up and duke it out, and maybe you're right, but I personally doubt it.

You've mentioned it 3 times, so I'm truly sorry if I hurt your feelings, ego or both, but we really don't need aggressive members who think they are big and bad because they can use a bunch of 4 letter words until they lose their shit and wanna meet up face to face to sort it out.

That said, you've been surprisingly civil lately!!! To me that's a lot more impressive than being a rough and tough keyboard warrior.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Mate, thanks for asking, I'm fine. Words actually DON'T hurt me.
The reason for my lifetime ban by KIR on K440 and the reason I called them out, was because a particular person dragged my youngest sister into and argument. She wasn't even a member of the forum. Drag my family into it and I will happily call you out. If you ( not you personally, just "you" generally ;) ) want to call me out and it has happened on both forums over the years, then don't make the mistake of thinking I'm just a keyboard warrior. After almost 30 years in construction, working with some Maori boys that weighed up to 130kg and had the attitude to go with it, its very rare someone can actually physically intimidate me. I much prefer to meet and discuss things over a beer, but, if it ain't going to work that way, then I won't be backing down either.
Cheers and this will be my last word on the subject.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"Can the mods put a cap on this?"

Sure, it was done several hours ago. Toxic Testicles was banned for a week. (That means he'll be back next week, and promptly perma-banned if he continues as before).

Please report any reincarnations.

:beer:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I just worry about the slippery slope of the ban hammer. Maybe some clear rules for all to live by?

Is this going to continue to be the forum that allows all different voices, or just to let the jaded expats who’ve seen all, done all, know all, dominate the forum and judge whether or not any individual viewpoint or observation is worthy of a voice?
Ad hominem attacks aren’t very conducive to a open and diverse board.

Or will this become John’s CEO where only those worthy are allowed to post and all others be mocked and scolded?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Why indulge these nutters at all? They seem to have nothing to contribute.440 has died a death now and it fell apart after there were so many destructive members. I share my thoughts on twitter now, it is far better than any amateurish forum. There are so many clever,funny,creative people around.
But few on forums like these.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 am I just worry about the slippery slope of the ban hammer. Maybe some clear rules for all to live by?

Is this going to continue to be the forum that allows all different voices, or just to let the jaded expats who’ve seen all, done all, know all, dominate the forum and judge whether or not any individual viewpoint or observation is worthy of a voice?

Or will this become John’s CEO where only those worthy are allowed to post and all others be mocked and scolded?
What the fuck are you on about now? You have an amazing capacity for completely missing the point. Did you even read the OP? Do you think it's a good idea to let posters spam the whole forum with nonsense? Nobody is stopping "different voices", so stop playing the newbie victim, nobody has ever stopped you posting about your perfect girlfriend and you've been on here for years.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

newkidontheblock wrote:I just worry about the slippery slope of the ban hammer. Maybe some clear rules for all to live by?

Um, I think we're on the same page. Are you suggesting we shouldn't have banned Toxic Turtle and let him run amok?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 am "Can the mods put a cap on this?"

Sure, it was done several hours ago. Toxic Testicles was banned for a week. (That means he'll be back next week, and promptly perma-banned if he continues as before).

Please report any reincarnations.

:beer:
nice, thanks. I hope the person will get the assistance he needs, be it pills or a place in an institution. CEO is none of that.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I think that Toxic Turtle is very lucky that he is only banned for 1 week.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Locked Previous topicNext topic