I’m rich to others, poor to you ...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: I’m rich to others, poor to you ...

Post by BklynBoy »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:44 pm What? No argument? Shit, I wanted an argument. Now I'm sad.
hahaah your an ass!!.... I digested what you wrote and it made sense... I didn't even think of it like that. I still say that she could of posted the pic and didnt need to emphasis that " I am alone".... you can tell in the pic she posted that she was alone.. .lol... if she just posted the pic w/ no caption, it wouldn't of irked me..
having said all that.. i processed what you said and it made sense..

No argument from me.. If your right, your right my brotha!!...

I don't remember what she ate but I am a classy guy. I let her order fries and a shake!
Mackaveli can vouch for me-- I am a somewhat reasonable person.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Damn
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Hotdigr wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm I’m not an authority of any sort. Lots of Khmer culture confuse me. I mention it because I am confused and wish to gain more insight and wisdom.

As for missus being the first? The first who isn’t using me as an ATM, not looking for status or advantage, loves me for being me, and willing to jump into an uncertain future just to be by my side? Then guilty as charged. To me she’s like a girl from the movies. The one that can’t possibly exist in real life.

The gay friend who wants to kill himself is currently in Thailand and has posted a happy picture of himself and his new beau. The same beau that the other gay friend wants desperately to grab on to. The wheels of local confusion turn.
New Kid, I will give it to you honestly ok? You come across as the younger brother who DESPERATELY wants to be accepted by the "cool kids". Think before you post. Think " is any one really going to be interested in the mundane things that are happening to me, that have happened to them in the past". I understand that you are obviously very lonely out in the province, being the only barang and only English speaker. But DON'T just post the first thing that comes into your head every time. Some of your posts are naive, some insightful, some interesting. But overall - you bore the shit out of me at least. At best I give a condescending little laugh at your impetuosity. No offence meant mate, but think hard before posting your every thought and every bowel movement.
Well said
Toxic Turtle
Expatriate
Venezuela

Post by Toxic Turtle »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:31 am A few or missus’ friends have worrisome behaviors. On Facebook they post how rich they are. Go on holiday, eat at expensive restaurants, buy luxury items, etc. Yet complain to missus how desperately poor they are - ask her for loans, ask her to cook food, borrow clothes, etc. During the ‘rich’ times, no thought of inviting her to join. But during the poor times, numero uno. Latest drama is that one is threatening to kill himself in Thailand in her presence unless she gives him a thousand. Plus pays for the cost for him to go to Thailand to do said deed.

Is this just normal Khmer psychology?
Lol because they know her husbands a foreigner.

Your wife needs new friends man. Spend more time together.
Toxic Turtle
Expatriate
Venezuela

Post by Toxic Turtle »

Some of these guys can be real assholes, are bored, or just bitter so dont let them get you down and please do continue posting on the site - and share whatever you like!

Are you in the province?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic