I’m rich to others, poor to you ...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: I’m rich to others, poor to you ...

Post by newkidontheblock »

John Bingham wrote:No, it sounds like you got yourself involved in another clusterfuck.
No cluster. She’s known them since childhood. Went to the same primary school together. The guys are 100% gay. One wants to find a rich gay foreigner to bathe him in money. One broke up with a rich gay foreigner and needs a replacement one.

No risk of losing missus, but thanks for the concern.

One’s up to his eyeballs owing others money. The other lives way beyond his means. He’s been warned by his boss not to post all that stuff. Now his mother has come to visit, and he says he can’t afford to take her out.

Just annoying, like khmer mosquitoes. Small stuff to worry my lady’s poor eyebrows. ‘Cause she’s a born worrier.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

women are the same everywhere...
picking out Khmer women just shows you haven't been around women in other countries...
toss in a society that was forced to give up assets and wear the same outfit and it is easy to see why people might want to flaunt their status....
don't ever think that this behavior is some Cambodian monopoly....
go over to Thailand and find some yaba amped up slut and see this behavior on steroids...
live a little...
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Set up 1 all inclusive " Missus " thread FFS. :BangHead: Are you 15 or something and this is your first relationship
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:34 am
John Bingham wrote:No, it sounds like you got yourself involved in another clusterfuck.
No cluster. She’s known them since childhood. Went to the same primary school together. The guys are 100% gay. One wants to find a rich gay foreigner to bathe him in money. One broke up with a rich gay foreigner and needs a replacement one.

No risk of losing missus, but thanks for the concern.

One’s up to his eyeballs owing others money. The other lives way beyond his means. He’s been warned by his boss not to post all that stuff. Now his mother has come to visit, and he says he can’t afford to take her out.

Just annoying, like khmer mosquitoes. Small stuff to worry my lady’s poor eyebrows. ‘Cause she’s a born worrier.
Was this the guy asking for a 1000 and 'missus' denied?

topic24217.html?sid=e83ff1ca1ef0a7de6cf9c638b52c9088

Maybe your missus isn't in another clusterfuck, but she's in the kind of trouble other 'missusses' never get in.

And mozzies are beyond 'just annoying', they can be plain dangerous. Only newbies call 'm that. Wait till malaria and dengue hit you at the same time and see how 'annoying' that is. Maybe these guys are more than just annoying too? Just watch your back.

<edit for typos>
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 am And mozzies are beyond 'just annoying', they can be plain dangerous. Only newbies call 'm that. Wait till malaria and dengue hit you at the same time and see how 'annoying' that is. Maybe these guys are more than just annoying too? Just watch your back.
:roll:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

fax wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:08 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 am And mozzies are beyond 'just annoying', they can be plain dangerous. Only newbies call 'm that. Wait till malaria and dengue hit you at the same time and see how 'annoying' that is. Maybe these guys are more than just annoying too? Just watch your back.
:roll:
Keep rolling your eyes. I know of two cases. Both didn't end well.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

NKOTB thinks walking from Ostro to Paddy Rice is far and builds an airconditioned toilet for when he gets married in the province. I don't think he's at very high risk to contact malaria and dengue fever at the same time and I'm not so sure why that is what worries you about him. Have you read his other posts? Your whole sentence about mosquitoes read like sarcasm it's weird to see you taking an actual defensive stance.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

fax wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 am NKOTB thinks walking from Ostro to Paddy Rice is far and builds an airconditioned toilet for when he gets married in the province. I don't think he's at very high risk to contact malaria and dengue fever at the same time and I'm not so sure why that is what worries you about him. Have you read his other posts? Your whole sentence about mosquitoes read like sarcasm it's weird to see you taking an actual defensive stance.
I'm not at all worried about him, I just can't stop wondering what goes on is his mind. My mozzies statement was partly cynical, partly true, friends' husband just passed way because of the the dengue/malaria combi two months ago. Kind of triggered me I guess.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:26 am I'm not at all worried about him, I just can't stop wondering what goes on is his mind. My mozzies statement was partly cynical, partly true, friends' husband just passed way because of the the dengue/malaria combi two months ago. Kind of triggered me I guess.
Sorry for your loss. I did not mean that mosquitoes are not dangerous but malaria and dengue fever is not usually what people mention in warnings. Sincere condolences.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:47 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:46 am
Have you been around for long explorer? While there's some truth, your analysis seems pretty superficial to me.
He hasn't been here long, he's another 2-minute-expert.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:31 amLatest drama is that one is threatening to kill himself in Thailand in her presence unless she gives him a thousand. Plus pays for the cost for him to go to Thailand to do said deed.

Is this just normal Khmer psychology?
No, it sounds like you got yourself involved in another clusterfuck.
Another self appointed expert indeed. His pretensions of expertise on the Khmer culture have.afforded our rural household with moments of great hilarity

I use his posts as teaching tools for critical thinking. My two teenage kids are genuinely bilingual and my Khmer wife speaks English at an advanced level. We had a great time with his etymological explanations of Khmer place names(p27361à85). We look forward to all of his future contributions
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic