retirement visa

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
2be994510
Tourist
United States of America

retirement visa

Post by 2be994510 »

Hi Guys: Newbie here. As of January 1, 2019 U.S. Consulate will not provide retirement affidavit for Thai immigration in order to obtain a one year retirement visa. Therefore if the Thai immigration does not accept my retirement income from 2 sources then I am contemplating of heading for Cambodia. How easy is it to obtain a one year retirement visa in Cambodia and where should I head for to start out again? Pros and cons invited.

Bob
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: retirement visa

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Search function
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:02 pm Search function
Or, just scroll to the bottom of this page. There are several recent similar topics.
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by Rogue »

2be994510 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:48 pm Hi Guys: Newbie here. As of January 1, 2019 U.S. Consulate will not provide retirement affidavit for Thai immigration in order to obtain a one year retirement visa. Therefore if the Thai immigration does not accept my retirement income from 2 sources then I am contemplating of heading for Cambodia. How easy is it to obtain a one year retirement visa in Cambodia and where should I head for to start out again? Pros and cons invited.

Bob
Lucky Lucky on Monivong does mine for 300.00, no paperwork or questions asked. In and done in about 7 days.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

2be994510 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:48 pm Hi Guys: Newbie here. As of January 1, 2019 U.S. Consulate will not provide retirement affidavit for Thai immigration in order to obtain a one year retirement visa. Therefore if the Thai immigration does not accept my retirement income from 2 sources then I am contemplating of heading for Cambodia. How easy is it to obtain a one year retirement visa in Cambodia and where should I head for to start out again? Pros and cons invited.

Bob
wait wait,it will change and they will provide how we can show our income or get the 800,000
U've can go get the letter before dec 31st so its good for6 months if your extension is due before July 30, (u can do 1 month in advance)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am

Bob
wait wait,it will change and they will provide how we can show our income or get the 800,000
U've can go get the letter before dec 31st so its good for6 months if your extension is due before July 30, (u can do 1 month in advance)
Bob does say, " Therefore if ". It seems prudent to start investigating a back-up strategy, which we should all have anyway, when it's my future at stake I wouldn't want to be relying on guessing a host country will amend it's requirements because a couple of foreign countries decide they are no longer prepared to play ball, especially in the current climate.

Like you say the early letter is a good idea to buy more time to investigate other options if your renewal fits in that timeframe.

I'm guessing a fair few would have been banking on Vietnam but reading other threads they appear to have suddenly tightened up their options.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
dennis.phelps
Tourist

Post by dennis.phelps »

I live in Khon Kaen Thailand... I myself am thinking of going to Cambodia....The cost is about the same at the end of the day for the Visa's
Thailand immigration will have you go get forms they don't need & run you around until you pay the bribe ..

Cambodia . Show where you live ... Any kind of bank statement from your country proven you have i'' think '' A round $650 to $700 a month
Give the girl at the Travel agent a little rice money $10 And go on you way . Come back in the same day up to two business days pick your passport up ....

Bottom line is this ..Phnom Penh Did not have Investor put $$$$$$$$$ to build all those new hotel they have been building for no reason ..
This is a well thought out plain & They will suck the money out of Farang in Thailand

FOR USA RETIREMENT PEOPLE . GO TO U.S EMBASSY WEB SITE READ THIS FOR YOURSELF .

NOTICE: Beginning January 1, 2019, U.S. Embassy Bangkok and U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide the income affidavit. We will not notarize previous versions of the income affidavit. For more information, please refer to our Fact Sheet (PDF 266KB) and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 419KB). We will continue to notarize income affidavit forms through the end of 2018. Thai Immigration Bureau officials confirmed that they will support early visa renewals for U.S. citizens during the transition period.
LOVE ASIA
Tourist
Australia

Post by LOVE ASIA »

Rogue wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:32 am

Bob
Lucky Lucky on Monivong does mine for 300.00, no paperwork or questions asked. In and done in about 7 days.
Just spoke with Lucky Lucky. She told me 2 weeks now. $299 plus $2+ for processing. Nice lady! I'm 63, no paperwork involved.Indonesia and Thailand is so painful
when you are getting older doing visa runs. Making it harder for foreigners I think, don't know why.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I love the $2+ for processing!
Try A2Z Travel, corner 130 and 19. $285 plus nothing for processing.
LOVE ASIA
Tourist
Australia

Post by LOVE ASIA »

At immigration in Indonesia it has become very unwelcoming. Like they don't want you there, or give me a bribe bastard! Especially if you are an Ozzie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic