retirement visa

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: retirement visa

Post by DaveG »

JJ62 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:29 pm Thanks fellas. That's great news.
Any travel/visa agents you can recommend in PP & SR?
Lastly, does this mean I don't need a "residential" address (rental lease) to secure the ER visa? So staying in a hotel isn't a problem or does it simply not come into it?
Cheers JJ
Just passport and cash
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

in Siem Reap, I recommend World Express Tours and Travel.
across from the Total on 7 Makara.
It saved me from going to lucky lucky for the 3rd time in Phnom Penh.
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Post by JJ62 »

I'm flying-in to PP tomorrow 25Nov, so I plan to apply for ER visa on 26Nov for a 24-48hr turnaround.
Would you recommend Cina Travel or Call Kim for this?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

JJ62 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:47 pm I'm flying-in to PP tomorrow 25Nov, so I plan to apply for ER visa on 26Nov for a 24-48hr turnaround.
Would you recommend Cina Travel or Call Kim for this?
Either, they are both reliable and competent.
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Post by JJ62 »

Thanks PSD-Kiwi. All going well, I'll owe you a beer!
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Post by JJ62 »

I rang both Kim & Cina Travel. Both quoted much the same costs with same day to 24hr turnarounds.
Both say they require letters for submission which they will prepare. No doubt a standard letter.
However, Cina emphasised I need to provide an address whereas Kim did not.
As I will be in a hotel which can only be regarded as a temporary address, is this a potential problem or am I worrying unnecessarily?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

JJ62 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:20 pm I rang both Kim & Cina Travel. Both quoted much the same costs with same day to 24hr turnarounds.
Both say they require letters for submission which they will prepare. No doubt a standard letter.
As I will be in a hotel which can only be regarded as a temporary address, is this a potential problem or am I worrying unnecessarily?
Last time I renewed my ER EOS, the agent (A2Z Travel) prepared a letter for me to sign stating how much money I spent every month (I said $2000). So be prepared for that question, no evidence was required.
I have never been asked my address. If an agent requires it, just use a different one. Although some people stay long term in hotels so should not be an issue.
No need to fret over the EOS, in fact if you do it can create problems. Fretters always seem to encounter a stack of obstacles that others do not get.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

JJ62 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:20 pm I rang both Kim & Cina Travel. Both quoted much the same costs with same day to 24hr turnarounds.
renewed mine at lucky. if you are over 55 you do not need any documents. fees for 24 hour service vary from $60 to $100 depending on who you use. 24 hours requires them to have your passport early in the morning and it is subject to normal working days. Do not hand your passport in at 5 pm on a friday when Monday is a public holiday!
Whatsupdoc
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Whatsupdoc »

Had mine done at Le Pub on street 174. Pleasant guy, talked with him over a drink.
Price was same as at Lucky, did an express for a fee. Handed in my passport on Sunday evening, got it back on Tuesday afternoon (after he called me).
I had been using Lucky for years (Cambodian & Vietnamese visa), got the impression they prefer to focus on Chinese lately.
At least at Le Pub you're not treated as a number but as a person. For the first time I was called up when my passport was back. For 10 years in Cambodia, Lucky never called me (although they always asked for my phone number).
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king - Erasmus
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

j57 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:50 am in Siem Reap, I recommend World Express Tours and Travel.
across from the Total on 7 Makara.
It saved me from going to lucky lucky for the 3rd time in Phnom Penh.
---------------
I can 2nd the recommendation. Can't speak to any kind of express service but they handled my visa with no issues and a 10 day normal turnaround. $288.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic