retirement visa

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: retirement visa

Post by Pizzalover »

Lucky just quoted me 295 for an ER visa (5 USD discount for my exceptional good looks) and 10 days wait.

5 Oceans quoted me 290 and 7-10 days wait. I check A2Z this week for their current pricing. Not doubting the info above but things seem to fluctuate. Looks like they measure up people when walking in.

In sum, looks like Lucky is no longer interested in barangs. They had a load of Chinese passports on the table.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ and they charge the Chinese even more
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:58 pm ^ and they charge the Chinese even more
Nice. :thumb: I hope that's true.

It's a hazard duty service charge for having to deal with the noisy chattering and having to mop up all the spit from the office floor afterward.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

A2Z travel agency also charges 290 USD now. Seems that 290 is the new normal with Lucky charging 295 for their superior Chinese skills.
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Post by JJ62 »

Hi Guys,
Another newcomer here. Appreciate some advice...
I'm keen to get a 12mth Retirement ER Visa but need to exit Cambodia ASAP to finalise matters elsewhere.
How quickly can you apply for an ER visa after you arrive on an Ordinary E visa? e.g. Can you apply immediatley, 1-2 days after arriving?
And how quickly can you get your passport back with the ER stamp? Who're the best agents for this in PP & SR?
Cheers
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

same day if you wish and the 12 months is added on to your 1 month.
how fast depends if you want pay extra or not.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

As PR said, you can apply the day you arrive. For $100 extra you can have the passport and EOS back in your hands within 24 hours. Most agents can facilitate this.
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Post by JJ62 »

Thanks fellas. That's great news.
Any travel/visa agents you can recommend in PP & SR?
Lastly, does this mean I don't need a "residential" address (rental lease) to secure the ER visa? So staying in a hotel isn't a problem or does it simply not come into it?
Cheers JJ
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Staying in a hotel no problem. Cina Travel near Sharkys Bar is recommended for Visa EOS applications.
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Post by JJ62 »

Many thanks PSD-Kiwi.
I see Cina Travel are in PP. Can you recommend an agent in SR or is it better done in PP?
Cheers JJ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic