Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13585
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1796
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Just wanted to share my experience here after @PSD-Kiwi 's recommendation a while back

Was pleasantly greeted upon entry and asked what i wanted doing, staff very polite and speak good English,
was taken round the back for a hair wash, which included a nice head, face and shoulder massage after,
the young lad cutting my hair spoke good English and did a good attentive cut, making sure the length and everything was how i wanted it,
as far as barber experiences go in Cambodia (and even Thailand) it has to be the most pleasant one ive had
total cost only $5, definitely worth it, and now my go to place in Cambodia

Image
https://tokyobarbershop.com/
Address: No. 22A Street 278, BKK1, Phnom Penh 12302
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PhnomPenhPat
Tourist
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:20 pm
Reputation: 5
United States of America

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by PhnomPenhPat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 am

Do they do cut throat shaving for beards and ear cleaning?
It's been many years since I was at Tokyo Barbers, I normally go to the places on street 63.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13585
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1796
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:23 pm

PhnomPenhPat wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 am
Do they do cut throat shaving for beards and ear cleaning?
It's been many years since I was at Tokyo Barbers, I normally go to the places on street 63.
they do in deed, think a shave was $3, ear cleaning i think was $7
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Kayve
Expatriate
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am
Reputation: 121
Cambodia

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by Kayve » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:58 pm

My place to go :thumb:
Don't forget the water buffalo
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 588
New Zealand

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Awesome bro! I normally get the package for haircut, shave and massage ..all conducted in private room., with free flow beer too...well worth it.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13585
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1796
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:24 pm
Awesome bro! I normally get the package for haircut, shave and massage ..all conducted in private room., with free flow beer too...well worth it.
is that the VIP package?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
jw85
Expatriate
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:53 am
Reputation: 25
Austria

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by jw85 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:06 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:24 pm
Awesome bro! I normally get the package for beer ...well worth it.
ftfy
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 906
Cambodia

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by Brody » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Image
Andrew Nasia
Tourist
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:46 am
Reputation: 2

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by Andrew Nasia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Brody wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:12 pm
Image
I feel your pain, bro!
User avatar
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 am
Reputation: 115
Great Britain

Re: Tokyo Barber Shop Phnom Penh

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:19 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:00 pm
Just wanted to share my experience here after @PSD-Kiwi 's recommendation a while back

Was pleasantly greeted upon entry and asked what i wanted doing, staff very polite and speak good English,
was taken round the back for a hair wash, which included a nice head, face and shoulder massage after,
the young lad cutting my hair spoke good English and did a good attentive cut, making sure the length and everything was how i wanted it,
as far as barber experiences go in Cambodia (and even Thailand) it has to be the most pleasant one ive had
total cost only $5, definitely worth it, and now my go to place in Cambodia

Image
https://tokyobarbershop.com/
Address: No. 22A Street 278, BKK1, Phnom Penh 12302
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: clutchcargo, Google [Bot], hiway5, IraHayes, Mr Know It All, Ricky Shaw, SternAAlbifrons, Tarndog, timmydownawell, yongchi and 193 guests