Is sex addiction a thing?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Is sex addiction a thing?

Post by RickyBobby »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:10 am So hypothetically speaking what if you are addicted to your partner and your partner is addicted to you? So much so that you only about want to be with her and not anyone else and she only to you? And it’s a life long addiction?

It’s preventing you from whore mongering or whatever CEO deems is healthy behavior?

Is there a cure?

Ok, that was tongue-in-cheek.
Its not healthy to be 100% dependent upon your spouse for all your social needs; normal people have more human relationships with others beyond their partner alone. Life requires balance, and so does your relationship.

Its absolutely wonderful though if you have a spouse that shares equally their desire and joy to spend their time with you.

That is not addiction, it is not unhealthy if you are both of the mind that you love spending all your time together. Usually one may smother the other, which is not healthy, and is a symptom of other issues, like insecurity, codependency, jealousy, or what have you.

Addiction speaks to unhealthy obsession to some behavior or substance that causes other elements of a life to be out of balance and is not able to be controlled properly through willpower alone.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Is sex addiction a thing?

Post by Stiliko »

[/quote]If work or social life conflict with one's desire, the trick is to find a job and then friends who are in sync with your proclivities. [/quote]

If you’ve got an average nut to crack, the sperm donor gig isn’t going to cut it. Gigolo? If you’re a young Richard Gere type, I guess, or a Joe Buck midnight cowboy.

Then again we know how those movies turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

RickyBobby wrote:Its not healthy to be 100% dependent upon your spouse for all your social needs; normal people have more human relationships with others beyond their partner alone. Life requires balance, and so does your relationship.
I’m not a social person. I follow a script on how to pretend to be friendly at work for the job. Besides saying hi and bye to my neighbors, I haven’t a clue of what to say next. I grunt like a caveman going to the dentist or the barber shop. ‘Clean teeth’ and ‘Cut hair’. I admire normal people because I’ll never be one. Just enough to be a functional member of society.

Missus is quite the opposite. Naturally smooth talker. Chats with everyone from the car driver to the door opener guy. Sharp instincts only a woman can have. Fusses over me like I’m royalty. Knows my brain and heart like no other. Follows me over the edge of beyond and then some.

I hope she can turn me into a normal human someday.

RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:31 am
RickyBobby wrote:Its not healthy to be 100% dependent upon your spouse for all your social needs; normal people have more human relationships with others beyond their partner alone. Life requires balance, and so does your relationship.
I’m not a social person. I follow a script on how to pretend to be friendly at work for the job. Besides saying hi and bye to my neighbors, I haven’t a clue of what to say next. I grunt like a caveman going to the dentist or the barber shop. ‘Clean teeth’ and ‘Cut hair’. I admire normal people because I’ll never be one. Just enough to be a functional member of society.

Missus is quite the opposite. Naturally smooth talker. Chats with everyone from the car driver to the door opener guy. Sharp instincts only a woman can have. Fusses over me like I’m royalty. Knows my brain and heart like no other. Follows me over the edge of beyond and then some.

When you describe your relationship, its enviable, and good for you.

It sounds that you are, as I am, an Introvert. Have you ever done Myers Briggs testing?

I have very little interest in other people and socializing with them. On those obligatory events, I am planning my escape as I arrive. Yet, I can fake it well, and I do have social skills. Perhaps that is the aforementioned script you speak of at play.

I once had occasion to join some guys for a drunk up, and thought I should get out more and try. I felt I should try to build some friendships. My lady dropped me off and went home alone. I felt so bad she was alone home, and wondered why I was sitting with these bad smelling idiots when I could be with her. I'm already not a good drunk, so I excused myself and went home where I could be beside her.

I get you I think.
Last edited by RickyBobby on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Dont worry, if she fails the members on CEO forum will be able to do the job.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Normal is just an illusion... What is normal for the Spider, is Chaos for the Fly!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:59 pm Normal is just an illusion... What is normal for the Spider, is Chaos for the Fly!
True. You date different girls and they have different expectations.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

explorer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:16 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:59 pm Normal is just an illusion... What is normal for the Spider, is Chaos for the Fly!
True. You date different girls and they have different expectations.

"You date different girls and they have different expectations",

There is only one expectation from my girls, 1000 Baht and maybe 100 Baht for bike taxi back to the beach, keeping it simple and taking the Red pill.

:stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic